Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
The school just awarded me a $24,000 scholarship.
Congrats dude. Maybe with the money you're saving you can finish painting your car finally In all seriousness, I can't wait to see the finished product, you've done an amazing job so far.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711

Since when do they give scholarships just for being retarded?? haha, jk dude congrats I don't even know what dirty soulless things you did to get in though. Good luck man I'm rooting for you incase I ever get in a pinch haha.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #13
Neanderthal

Quote:
The school just awarded me a $24,000 scholarship.

That's great news!

Oh, BTW since you are saving some cash here, I was wondering if you could lend me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #14
Super Moderator

I could have had it done by now, but the LSAT is in two weeks and I've been studying a lot. There's less reason to take it now, but I'm still going to. Just to keep my options open.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Is he trying to get into law school?
No just trying to get his undergrad work in a 4 year school like UCSD or Chapman and I'm not interested in hocking the house to finance the deal. I also don't want to saddle him with tons of student debt, but I guess it will have to be a combination of both.

Last edited by gunfish : 11-17-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: forgot to quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
No just trying to get his undergrad work in a 4 year school like UCSD or Chapman and I'm not interested in hocking the house to finance the deal. I also don't want to saddle him with tons of student debt, but I guess it will have to be a combination of both.
Has he considered doing a transfer curriculum from a JC? That's what I did and it will save you thousands right off the top. Another thing if he's not quite sure what he wants to do is enlist for the GI Bill. I think the requirements are only like 3-4 years and is pretty stunning. I think the Coast Guard has it as well, but I'm not sure. Enlisting doesn't mean you have to go be a ground pounder in some god forsaken place. If he considers this route just make 1000% sure to get any offers from a recruiter in writing. It also would make him eligible for VA loans down the road which are pretty juicy. Just throwing out ideas.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #17
Internet Tough Guy

COngrats!!!!!!!

WHich school? I just went out last night celebrating with my old college buddy because he just found out that he passed the bar! Anyways, I know a bunch of bottomfeeders down here, let me know when you're in town and I will put you in contact with them.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #18
Super Moderator

Wow, thanks dude! I appreciate that.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Has he considered doing a transfer curriculum from a JC? That's what I did and it will save you thousands right off the top. Another thing if he's not quite sure what he wants to do is enlist for the GI Bill. I think the requirements are only like 3-4 years and is pretty stunning. I think the Coast Guard has it as well, but I'm not sure. Enlisting doesn't mean you have to go be a ground pounder in some god forsaken place. If he considers this route just make 1000% sure to get any offers from a recruiter in writing. It also would make him eligible for VA loans down the road which are pretty juicy. Just throwing out ideas.
Yeah we're keeping that as an option, but he really wants to play baseball in college. He can definitely play at the JC level, but has his sights set a bit higher. It would be a buzzkill after busting his butt for decent grades in high school in order to get into a good 4 year school somewhere, only to end up with the JC guys who are there cuz there grades are in the toilet.

Sidenote: Not trying to offend those JC'rs out there. I was one myself. As a parent, I'm looking for my kid to do better than I did.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:48 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
Yeah we're keeping that as an option, but he really wants to play baseball in college. He can definitely play at the JC level, but has his sights set a bit higher. It would be a buzzkill after busting his butt for decent grades in high school in order to get into a good 4 year school somewhere, only to end up with the JC guys who are there cuz there grades are in the toilet.

Sidenote: Not trying to offend those JC'rs out there. I was one myself. As a parent, I'm looking for my kid to do better than I did.

Well I could go on a tirade about how stupid our university system is, but that's not the point here. When Jr. gets older maybe he can play with me in NABA . . . we put the hard in hard ball.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)