Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-12-2008, 06:46 AM   #41

I'm not a big conspiracy guy either, but I have to believe that this is not just one rogue ref trying to make some more cash. This whole ordeal makes me wonder how much the networks themselves are involved and if they had a hand in bribing the refs. The major networks that run the playoffs (ESPN, TNT, ABC) have all payed the NBA to have the rights for a set number of years and there is no stipulation that they pay more to the NBA if a series goes 7 games versus 4. The longer a series goes, the more the network will make, but the NBA sees nothing additional. I'm wondering if somebody at those networks have sent some cash Stern's way and he's told the refs to make the games go longer, or if they sent some cash to the refs directly. I'd be more willing to believe the former; Stern seems like a shady character to me.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #42
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithc View Post
I'm not a big conspiracy guy either, but I have to believe that this is not just one rogue ref trying to make some more cash. This whole ordeal makes me wonder how much the networks themselves are involved and if they had a hand in bribing the refs. The major networks that run the playoffs (ESPN, TNT, ABC) have all payed the NBA to have the rights for a set number of years and there is no stipulation that they pay more to the NBA if a series goes 7 games versus 4. The longer a series goes, the more the network will make, but the NBA sees nothing additional. I'm wondering if somebody at those networks have sent some cash Stern's way and he's told the refs to make the games go longer, or if they sent some cash to the refs directly. I'd be more willing to believe the former; Stern seems like a shady character to me.
As of this morning, the FBI is also investigating Dick Bavetta now too....... I think this is going to be bad. The NBA deserves it - Stern is an arrogant prick. It really makes me not want to watch
Old 06-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #43

Send a message via AIM to two drink minimum

I loved when Powe had the craziest game of his life and by pure coincidence they ran that half time piece about his amazing life story.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #44
Resident Avatar Gambler

And the Lakers manage to choke a 24 point lead away to the Celtics to put the series out of reach Unreal - I guess we always have next season
Old 06-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #45

Hopefully Bynum comes back and plays like he did earlier this year, and we can move Gasol to the 4, where i think he really belongs anyway. Kobe, Fisher, Odom, Gasol, Bynum....hell of a lineup, quick, atheletic, and long...should be fun to watch!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
Hopefully Bynum comes back and plays like he did earlier this year, and we can move Gasol to the 4, where i think he really belongs anyway. Kobe, Fisher, Odom, Gasol, Bynum....hell of a lineup, quick, atheletic, and long...should be fun to watch!
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the front line next year: 7'-0" Center, 7'-0" Power Forward, and 6'-10" Small Forward. Suck it Boston.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:28 AM   #47

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711

....couple of things I'd like to add to this lil lakers love fest. First of all they will be very talented and young next year but before we all get on our knees prematurely....Sean and Keith lol...I think we need to really look at this.

First of all I know the idea of 2 7'0's in the frontline sounds great but with the league moving faster 2 7'0's may not be something that will win a championship this day and age. Given the 2 7'0's they have are rather quick and athletic helps vastly, Gasols ability too step out and hit 15 footers will need to continue and improve as Bynum will be clogging the lane for him as shaq did for the Suns for it to work IMO.

Secondly they don't have any leadership...I expect flames for this but Kobe is not a leader in my eyes. He can call his teamates brothers all day long he is a bitch when they make mistakes he rails them and takes the game into his hands as he continued to huck em up downt he stretch lost game. I thought he has learned after the Utah series when he single handedly lost them the overtime game in Utah but apparently not. Talk about his maturation process all you want it is all a facade, this was the same guy that said he'd rather play on pluto at the beginning of the season and said to ship Bynum out for Kidd(which would have been a shit trade ps). Also his defense on Paul Pierce and Ray allen have been suspy as fuck the whole series and no one talks about it. I've seen many a plays of Kobe getting his ass handed to him by both players.
point 2 1/2 there are still very very few SG's who have ever led a team to a championship the only 2 that stand out to me are Jorday, and arguably D-Wade. Other teams were lead by Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, Bird, Magic, Thomas etc etc.

All that being said I think in the end talent may prevail for the Lakers and they may win but call me crazy they seem like a disjointed team of members who don't truly like each other outside the court that much. I think Kobe still has some growing up to do as well as the Lakers bench to overcome that last hurtle.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #48

Well they've postponed the inevitable another 2 days.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #49
Resident Avatar Gambler

Even when they win they look so ugly doing it
Old 06-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #50
Resident Avatar Gambler

Congratulations to Boston, they were the best team this year. My God, the Lakers looked AWFUL..... I think we can also safely put aside all the MJ/Kobe comparisons. MJ>Kobe