Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy
Default Turnbull Canyon strikes again

During our lunch discussion yesterday it led to a story about turnbull canyon striking again. My ears perked up when I heard this as they were talking about another death in the canyon. I know that you guys just did a cruise in the canyon so I was ever so interested.

Apparently a vehicle lost control, went over the side, rolls, and while the female was able to get out of the car and head up to the road for help, the male in the vehicle, was pinned and died at the scene.

I was able to find the article.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/rds...rdailynews.com
Old 02-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
During our lunch discussion yesterday it led to a story about turnbull canyon striking again. My ears perked up when I heard this as they were talking about another death in the canyon. I know that you guys just did a cruise in the canyon so I was ever so interested.

Apparently a vehicle lost control, went over the side, rolls, and while the female was able to get out of the car and head up to the road for help, the male in the vehicle, was pinned and died at the scene.

I was able to find the article.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/rds...rdailynews.com

Way back when I was in High School they lost 5 or 6 people on Turnbull. Three or four killed trying to pass on that road.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Deep-GXP

So that's why there was around 40 different spray paint markings all over the road....

I noticed it and i was like WTF, someone must have just crashed here.

I take Turnbull Canyon from Hacienda Heights over to Whittier almost everyday to get to work around 9:30am, maybe you guys will see me in my Blue Solstice some day. Peace.

-Carlos
Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 AM   #4

I took turnbull only one time and man is that road nutz. Fun to drive but you really gotta be in the right head to drive it fast.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeaanuut View Post
I took turnbull only one time and man is that road nutz. Fun to drive but you really gotta be in the right head to drive it fast.
Yeah, when we went through it was more of a nice cruise. I can't imagine going through it really fast...
Old 03-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #6

yeah i ran it one day after work and tried to run it hard. Not too hard because I didnt know the road. I went up and down about 3 times and on the last time down I came off a left too fast and got a little wide. the rear was sliding out a little bit and jumped up off of a bump. Pitched me sideways towards the mountain. I saved it but it scared the bajeebas out of me. i havent been back since.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeaanuut View Post
yeah i ran it one day after work and tried to run it hard. Not too hard because I didnt know the road. I went up and down about 3 times and on the last time down I came off a left too fast and got a little wide. the rear was sliding out a little bit and jumped up off of a bump. Pitched me sideways towards the mountain. I saved it but it scared the bajeebas out of me. i havent been back since.
Yep, that's Turnbull. You have it one time and the next you don't. In High School we use to run that at least 3 or 4 times a month.

We even used to go see the the Haunted house up there.
2016 Nissan Altma