Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Well I installed the solid motor mount and the engine sits too high. The pulley once again touches the hood, even put a little tiny crack in the hood when I closed it. So I'm going to cut the ears off of the other mount and have my friend weld them 1/2" higher to lower the motor. Hopefully that will solve the problem, if it sits too low I might have to cut more of the SC bracket off.

BTW I installed the mount today, outside, on my back... in the rain. Someone tell me how cool I am.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette
. . . BTW I installed the mount today, outside, on my back... in the rain. Someone tell me how cool I am.
Can cool be considered a euphemism for developmentally challenged . . . ?

[EDIT] No sooner had I posted this then enkeivette (totally independently) posted this:

Quote:
I'm on the right

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki
Can cool be considered a euphemism for developmentally challenged . . . ?

[EDIT] No sooner had I posted this then enkeivette (totally independently) posted this:
Hey, I'll have you know our collective IQ is practically in the triple digits!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Here's the offset mount. Moved the motor down about 3/8" The SC pulley no longer touches the hood, but it's still real close. So I might lengthen two (sets) of the bolt holes on the SC bracket to allow it to pivot off of the inner most bolt and swing down a bit.

Not sure if the pulley is going to move around and hit the hood. I can't start the motor because I started one of those "while I'm at it..." projects. When I was under the car I noticed that my clutch master bracket had a crack in it as it had rusted. So I took it out and I'm in the process of making a much thicker one out of 3/16" stainless steel. Stuff is hard to bend by hand.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Thanks to Ben's awesome welding skills (my clutch master bracket is done) I can start working on the SC again.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Well my camera broke which is why I haven't uploaded any pics recently. So I'll tell you what I've done. I took the secondary jets out (78s) and used them to replace my primary jets (69s). Then I installed 88s as the new secondary jets. And this is an annular carb which is why the jets are smaller than you'd think.

I swapped sides with the crankcase breather and the PCV. The PCV gets suction from the intake tube as under boost... well there's boost, no vacuum. I hooked up all of the vacuum fittings, putting a hose clamp on every single one of them. The boost guage is not yet mounted, it's just sitting on my passenger seat with the vacuum hose trailing in from the window.

I installed the air filter and the carb bonnet (check out how close the filter is to the MC) and found that there was no room for the BOV. So I got a flexible plumbing pipe and routed it underneath the boost pipe. (I think that this is causing a loss of boost as it's flexing, I plan to have the BOV pipe cut off and welded to the other side.

Installed the belt. Tension for the D1SC was set according to advise from an ATI tech: Grab the longest strech of belt with two fingers, pull up, it should move 1/2"

The video kinda sucks, the audio is delayed and it ends short. But I'll get a video of it in action as soon as I get someone stupid enough to jump in the car with me that will hold the camera.
Video at idle

Here are some still shots.

Specs:
383ci SBC. 9.4:1 Forged Scat Crank & Forged Scat 6" Rods, Forged Aluminum SRP Pistons, AFR 195cc Aluminum Angle Plug Heads w/8032 Upgrade, Comp Hyd Roller Cam & Lifters .520 in .540 ex Lift, 236in 242ex Duration @ .05, Comp Chromeoly Pushrods, Full Roller Rockers, Edelbrock Victor Jr, MSD Pro Billet HEI and a Mighty Demon 750 Annular, Procharger D1SC 4" pulley, T56, Spec Kevlar Clutch, Centerforce Flywheel, Long Tube Headers and Dual 3" Pipes, 3.55 LSD
Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Dude, we need to take some peyote, go on a Vision Quest and figure out how to get some nice air to your intake.

PS I need some pics or come and visit to see how your headers fit. I've got a mad Jones for American Racing Headers, which look like they'll fit, but I'm not 100% sure.

We can also help you make some swing'n vids.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #18
Super Moderator

Yeah tell me about it, this setup wasn't very accommodating to my air filter. Which in turn is not very accommodating of my BOV.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 AM   #19
Super Moderator

I found a U shaped 1 1/2" PCV pipe that I used to replace that rubber BOV joint. Works much better. It feels a little stronger and the BOV is louder, which means probably that the rubber hose is absorbing less of the boost impact.