Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #1

Default OCHP & RET's California Speedway Drag Day Event

UPDATE #1: This concerns the those of you in which registered for this event. The date has been changed to Saturday, December 13th due to the following reason.

My contact at California Speedway informed me that their "go to guy" for track prep (the same individual in which does the PSCA events) was unavailable from November 28th-December 7th because he has prior arrangements to be in Vegas prepping the track for the Winter Nationals. This would mean that we would have a second rate track staff prepping the track for us during his absence and this is unacceptable. The earliest that the "go to guy" could bless us with his skills would be the weekend he comes home which is that of the 13th of December. I was asked by a large majority of individuals to make the change of date to accommodate everyone with traction being as how there are going to be 5-6 8.xx second cars and a handful of 9.xx and 10.xx second cars as well.

I apologize to those of you in which this is an inconvenience for. If you're now unable to attend due to the date change, please contact me and I will refund your money to you (my contact information can be found directly below in the same post). You may not give away or sell your registration however. We will continue to allow those into the event in which were in line next to attend. Please contact me immediately if you fall into this category. I once again apologize and I thank you for understanding.

SOLD OUT!!! I definitely didn't think that it would sell out in 3 damn days!!!

In light of Orange County Horsepower's 1st Year Anniversary and Racer's Edge Tuning's new and improved shop, the two have combined forces to put on one hell of a 1/4 mile drag day event!!!

OCHP & RET's California Speedway Drag Day Event

Saturday, December 13th @ 9:00am-5:00pm

This is open to all domestic cars!!! If it's got muscle, it's more then welcome!!!

There are 50 spots available and the cost will be $105.00 each car to cover the costs of the track rental (Please include the 3% paypal fee of $3.15 for a total of $108.15. Thanks!). You'll be able to get as many passes down the track that your little heart desires for the entire day and we're going to have the most perfect weather right in the heart of winter!

Here's what we would like to do...

If you have run your car before or have enough experience to know what your car should run, please post it up. If you've never been to the strip before and have no idea on what your car will run, post up your modifications and we'll guesstimate it for you. I'd like to make it interesting by setting up races with individuals that are fairly close in ET's! Like a King of the Hill type event, but with Ford's, Chevy's, Dodge's, Pontiac's, and any other type of domestic car that would like to attend!

If you're planning on attending, please post up the following information AND/OR PM it to me just in case I miss it in this thread.

Screen Name/Real Name:
Vehicle Year/Model:
Previous 1/8 AND/OR 1/4 mile ET's/Trap Speeds:
Street Tires/Drag Radials/DOT Slicks/Slicks:
RWHP/RWTQ:
Phone #:

SIr RicCuS/Ricky Raus
2004 SVT Cobra
1/8 Mile 6.968 @ 101.70 MPH
DOT Slicks
589 RWHP/527 RWTQ
(714) 264-0050

We're going to have a BBQ going throughout the day with a bunch of burgers and hot dogs (all beef) as well as ice chests full of plenty of ice so that people won't have to leave the event to get ice for their cars (that's to say until we run out of ice).

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them up, PM me, or call me (that's my cell # above), and I'll do my best with answering all of your questions quickly and accurately.

Once you've already contacted me with the interest of attending and have already registered by posting up your information (listed above), you can paypal events@orangecountyhorsepower.com $105.00 (Please include the 3% paypal fee of $3.15 for a total of $108.15. Thanks!) so that you have your spot reserved. There are only 50 spots and they're going to go quickly!!! This is posted up on multiple domestic car forums (orangecountyhorsepower.com, svtperformance.com, mach1registry.com, socalterminators,com, modularfords.com, svtenthusiast.com, ls1tech.com, ls1.com, ls2.com, lsxforums.com, ls1gto.com, turbobuick.com, corvetteforum.com, zo6vette.com, srtforums.com, viperclub.com, viperforums.net, viperlair.com) so it's going to be on a first come, first serve basis.

Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

Preregistered List

SIr RicCuS/Ricky Raus
2004 SVT Cobra

50 Proof/Corey
2001 Bullitt

POISND U/David Samulde
1999 SVT Cobra

GT500 OC/Greg Carr
2007 Shelby GT500

kameleongt/Art Holguin
2003 SVT Cobra

CobraMac/Brandon McDonald
2003 SVT Cobra

lcaptmorg/Ken Morgan
2003 Mach 1

Nathan Hartline
1987 Fox Body

ZONick/Nick Salch
2002 ZO6

reivaxtorres/Xavier Torres
1998 GT

Cobra1981/Nick Santti
2003 Cobra

04cobra13/Angel Ortiz
2004 Cobra

silverpoison/Eduardo Melgar
2005 GT

lukabrozi/Henry Hines
2004 SVT Cobra

Greg@RET/Greg Monroe
2001 Bullit

Stangfreaktv/Rusty Woodall
2003 Mustang GT

NoSurprise/John Marquardt
2000 Lightning

Cowman/David Beasley
2002 Lightning

Israel
2003 SVT Cobra

Israel
2002 SVT Lightning

Eddie Rios
Turbo Mustang

Albert
2002 Lightning

Cobraboy/Brock
1998 SVT Cobra

Silvertermi04/Jose Guadarrama
2004 SVT Cobra

MORETHANQUICKSTANG/Tiana Findorff
1969 Camaro

Brandon Weber
1988 GT

Cobra Drifter/Robert Romo
2001 SVT Cobra

XHOTGTO/Gary MEyer
2005 GTO

Junior
2004 SVT Cobra

Tony

Danny

Fernando
2002 Lightning

Saul
1988 5.0

Jaime
2005 GT

joedls/Joe DeLosSantos
2007 Mustang

svt4stv/Steve Medina
2003 SVT Cobra

Brian
2004 SVT Cobra

00blackGT/Richard
2000 GT

Chevy Killer
2005 GT

Jeremy Thompson
1986 5.0

Tony Dalyrmple
1989 5.0

Peter
2006 GT

William Stamas
2003 SVT Cobra

baginoman/Joe Didennardo
2003 SVT Cobra

Bruce Millard
2008 Shelby GT500

Juan Castaneda
2004 SVT Cobra

Carlos Malfavon
TT 300zx

Willis
2003 Cobra

Brian
2004 SVT Cobra

arodsvt/Gus
2004 SVT Cobra

Last edited by SIr RicCuS : 10-23-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #2

I just updated the list! That's 13 down and 37 more to go!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Are you guys accepting bikes? I recently got a Bandit 1200s and a day like this would be great as I'd get a enough runs to progressively build instead of only getting 3-4 runs as a typical CSW day. No big deal. I understand if you want to keep to a smaller group of similarly matched cars.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Are you guys accepting bikes? I recently got a Bandit 1200s and a day like this would be great as I'd get a enough runs to progressively build instead of only getting 3-4 runs as a typical CSW day. No big deal. I understand if you want to keep to a smaller group of similarly matched cars.
Take the Vette I might go, but I'm expecting funds to be light for a while after we close escrow, so I'm not sure.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Take the Vette I might go, but I'm expecting funds to be light for a while after we close escrow, so I'm not sure.
I was going to take the Vette on November 2. I wouldn't take the bike as I'd only get a couple runs, and wouldn't have quite as much experience on as at the end of the month. In any event, we'll go out and tape for the Peeps.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #6

Quote:
I was going to take the Vette on November 2. I wouldn't take the bike as I'd only get a couple runs, and wouldn't have quite as much experience on as at the end of the month. In any event, we'll go out and tape for the Peeps.
I do apologize, but this is a car only event. We'd love it if you could make it out with the Vette though! I promise that [VET HNTR] won't hurt you.

And we'd really appreciate the video taping! Thanks!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I understand, bro. I really hope that you can make it out though.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIr RicCuS View Post
I do apologize, but this is a car only event. We'd love it if you could make it out with the Vette though! I promise that [VET HNTR] won't hurt you.

And we'd really appreciate the video taping! Thanks!
It's cool. I certainly understand. It's actually given me the idea of having a Motorgen sponsored bike only strip day.

I might just make it. Well see how things pan out. Since I wouldn't have new mods to test it's kinda in the luxury category. But I do like it! You're not going to have any problem filling 50 spots at that price real fast. If you want to really pull in some GM in a hurry you might want to PM Stroker396. He put together LA Invasion.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #9

Quote:
It's cool. I certainly understand. It's actually given me the idea of having a Motorgen sponsored bike only strip day.

I might just make it. Well see how things pan out. Since I wouldn't have new mods to test it's kinda in the luxury category. But I do like it! You're not going to have any problem filling 50 spots at that price real fast. If you want to really pull in some GM in a hurry you might want to PM Stroker396. He put together LA Invasion.
That's a great idea! Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #10

The list has been updated! 14 taken and 36 available!