Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Chevy Volt - delayed

In this case I hate to say I was right, and hope that I'm ultimately proved wrong, but the Chevy Volt has been delayed to November 2010 production. Even Rick Wagner, current CEO of GM says the Lithium Ion battery is a bit of a stretch. I never could wrap my head around how the hell they thought they could make a Li-Ion battery of those dimensions sufficiently safe and stable to be used in a production car.

I'm not found of assuming people will just come up with amazing solutions; some fundamental obstacles are just that. Nevertheless, I hope they figure out how to make it work, and that it will have a great positive impact on GM's CAFE footprint so they can keep building the Corvette and other fun cars without meddling from the nanny state.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)