Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #41
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I was in the area and had some time to kill so I drove Carbon Canyon both ways this afternoon. Unless they're closing it at night (and there doesn't appear to be any reason to do so), it's open.

I used to live out there off of Carbon Cayon. Drove it every day and night for years in the early seventys. No cars and full out all the time. Haven't driven it in years -- too many vehicles get in the way. About what I figure will happen Sat. night.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 12-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #42

oo how many cars? i want to cruise out the new 135
Old 12-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #43
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV8M View Post
oo how many cars? i want to cruise out the new 135
I'd say on the order of 75 +- a little. Gas is cheap, so hopefully that helps.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #44
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I'm going Sat night and Darlene is going to. I am even going to wash Brutal and maybe Darlene too.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #45
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Yes, you might be right. But, I still want a V8 Hipo vehicle and that could kill them.

But, ripple effect may be too damaging if they fail.
Lots of them there foreigners are beginning to make some slick V8 vehicles. Honestly, that Hyundai Genesis is loaded with great features, technology and V8 power at an awesome price. Actually, and I'm part of this, corporations are becoming rapidly more globalized and diversified. There is tons of American talent in engineering and deisn working for foreign based companies. The reality is those corporations are more like international entities now. This is a whole different, fascinating, and occasionally frightening subject. But I digress.

For those of us that want play time with old fashioned V8s and make stupid power, that isn't going anywhere. The aftermarket alone will support it for decades and decades. Or at least until the commie-pinko-hippie-tree-huggers manage to kill all the fun in the world that is.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #46
Resident Avatar Gambler

Here is a guide to where we're going. This is the entire route.

Here is a visual guide. I will be handing out a packet with the directions and this information at the meet. It also has my phone number in case anyone gets lost. If anyone has a walkie talkie, please bring it and we can use those to keep in contact as well. If anyone also wants to register at motorgen.com and suggest other routes or suggestions we want to continue running events so that would be excellent. Here is a basic guide on what we're doing. More detailed information can be found in the link above if you want a specific address.

We're meeting at Nick's Burger in Fullerton. Here is what it looks like:

From Nick's we will be heading from the 91 to the 57 fwy where we are exiting Imperial. From the Imperial off ramp you will go straight and we're going to meet back up at the Borders parking lot. It looks like this:

After we all meet at Borders we are going to caravan and go through Carbon Canyon. Once we get through Carbon Canyon we are going to turn right onto Chino Hills Parkway. We will then pull over at the Carl's Jr. in the Chino Hills Marketplace before hitting the 71 fwy. The Carl's will be on the left hand side and looks like this:

After meeting back up with everyone we'll hit the 71 and head out to Riverside via the 91. Our ultimate goal is the Mission Inn. It'll be on the right hand side and looks like this:

Everyone can take pictures and we can check out all the lights and displays on the grounds. After we finish up we can hit up a Denny's or something if people feel up to some food. We've learned a lot from the last cruises so this should be smooth. We'll have plenty of maps and everything should be simple. I'll see you all there. Hit me up on Motorgen if you have any questions, suggestions or anything else. Thanks!!

Sean
Old 12-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #47
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Here is a guide to where we're going. This is the entire route.

Here is a visual guide. I will be handing out a packet with the directions and this information at the meet. It also has my phone number in case anyone gets lost. If anyone has a walkie talkie, please bring it and we can use those to keep in contact as well. If anyone also wants to register at motorgen.com and suggest other routes or suggestions we want to continue running events so that would be excellent. Here is a basic guide on what we're doing. More detailed information can be found in the link above if you want a specific address.

We're meeting at Nick's Burger in Fullerton. Here is what it looks like:

From Nick's we will be heading from the 91 to the 57 fwy where we are exiting Imperial. From the Imperial off ramp you will go straight and we're going to meet back up at the Borders parking lot. It looks like this:

After we all meet at Borders we are going to caravan and go through Carbon Canyon. Once we get through Carbon Canyon we are going to turn right onto Chino Hills Parkway. We will then pull over at the Carl's Jr. in the Chino Hills Marketplace before hitting the 71 fwy. The Carl's will be on the left hand side and looks like this:

After meeting back up with everyone we'll hit the 71 and head out to Riverside via the 91. Our ultimate goal is the Mission Inn. It'll be on the right hand side and looks like this:

Everyone can take pictures and we can check out all the lights and displays on the grounds. After we finish up we can hit up a Denny's or something if people feel up to some food. We've learned a lot from the last cruises so this should be smooth. We'll have plenty of maps and everything should be simple. I'll see you all there. Hit me up on Motorgen if you have any questions, suggestions or anything else. Thanks!!

Sean

Excuse me, I have a question. Why the Mission Inn?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 12-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #48
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Excuse me, I have a question. Why the Mission Inn?
Christmas lights and decorations. Lots of them. Unfortunately, it'll be too late when we get there, but there's even horse carriage rides, ice rink (in times passed anyway), etc.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #49
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Christmas lights and decorations. Lots of them. Unfortunately, it'll be too late when we get there, but there's even horse carriage rides, ice rink (in times passed anyway), etc.
We need some place to go, so why not? I've never been so it should be cool.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #50
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
We need some place to go, so why not? I've never been so it should be cool.
Why not? Cause. Well, it does sound like a "Girlie Man" type thing. But I'm along for the laughs. THERE BETTER BE LAUGHS.

I like to laugh--even if it's only on the inside.
2016 Nissan Altma