Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default What car do you think is fast!

I have been calling people out on the SD meets FB page for talking shit on American cars. Basically, I'm bullying to the mentally weak. Here is what I don't get. How people think some cars are fast.
For example:

-I have seen fast civic hatches both road racing and drag, but I've never seen a fast S2K other than on the internet.

-I have never seen a fast Subaru anything period. They are effectively Miatas; cool looking, trendy, and only competitive on autocrosses.

-I've only seen fast Supras drag racing.

-I've never seen a fast RX-8. Regardless of type of motorsport I've just have never seen it.

-The new SS suck dick. I've seen one fast one. and it had a very large blower.

-As much as I hate to admit it, GTRs are fast. You have to be on your A game to hang with them in a Corvette. It can be done and I've done it, but they are fast.

***The only disclaimer that I make is that these are observations that I have made at amateur racing events and I am obviously not including what I have seen on Youtube / Streetfire / TV
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 08-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #2

My only thing is that American cars are heavy beasts and have to have a lot of horse power to compensate. Granted the Vette isn't heavy though. The Evo can make some great power out of a 4 banger, I made great power in my Eclipse with a V6 turbo (was slow stock). When you look at a bone stock car, not too many American cars are fast. And the new Mustang Cobras are not stock.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 08-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Do you run into any upper end Porsches or Ferraris at your level? I would think a GT3 RS would be pretty fast.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

I've seen a couple 9 Second SS maros before they closed fontucky. Never actually seen a fast supra, just big dyno numbers, I've seen plenty of 11 second subies.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

<< As much as I hate to admit it, GTRs are fast. You have to be on your A game to hang with them in a Corvette. It can be done and I've done it, but they are fast.

I don't know if you remember, but we sorta kinda met over at Digital Corvettes talking a bit of smack on the R35 AIR. And I feel the same generally. They obviously built something pretty damned effective in a variety of contexts. Apparently the new Nismo GT-R is going to be just over 2 seconds to 60 from the factory. Damn little on this planet has that kind of off the line explosion.

Within the plausible range of what I could afford (if I wanted to shift goals that is), if I were buying American I'd be all about the C7. I dig it. I just love NA V8s and the swagger of Vettes. If I were buying foreign it'd be a toss up between the GT-R and Turbo Porsche. I actually lean towards the Turbo Porsche as an all arounder because it's a bit smaller with excellent visibility and apparently rides pretty well, where the GTR is a little harsh, while obviously working in all weather and being on the whole "refined". Unfortunately it's fuck all expensive to maintain.

Anyway, the "fastest" drag car on Motorgen remains a Civic. Pure race car though. You're the fastest road course car that I'm aware of. Ron has the most impressive all arounder, including back seats and entertainment system(!). I'll probably keep futzing with my C3 and over the years turn it into something completely unique, relatively fast, functional. Lot's of cool niche stuff here among an otherwise small group. It's why I keep the bar open to be honest.

Sorry for the ramble.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Anyway, the "fastest" drag car on Motorgen remains a Civic. Pure race car though. You're the fastest road course car that I'm aware of. Ron has the most impressive all arounder, including back seats and entertainment system(!).
I'm still gunning for that Civic with the Chevelle so that I have the fastest drag car on here but with the little I have planned I'm not going to beat it. I'm just hoping to break into the 9s.

As for the Cobra, I really don't consider it fast. Compared to most daily driven cars I guess it is but to me it's not. It is a fun all arounder though. Plus I don't have any idea what it'll run in a quarter mile now.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

I guess I can finally be in the running to take out that civic. I can just keep upping the boost until iI make it. Though my trans might not take it.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
Fast & Filthy

Your car isn't going to run in the 9s.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

If it makes in the 700 HP range it might

Stopping the world!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
Fast & Filthy

Not with the way it's set up it won't.