Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
Neanderthal

Damn;
All that from LS6 inline 6 cylinder?

Ok, I can't wait to see what the next stupid customer statement will bring.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If they were born biologically incapable, they wouldn't improve. Teachers and educational systems matter a lot.
Some men are born 4'11" at 92lbs while others are born 7' at 320lbs. Some men are born dark skinned, some olive. Some women have a 34DD cup size while others have the chest of an 11 year old boy. But they were ALL born with similarly capable brains. Because the brain isn't a physical thing, subject to the same biological chance that the rest of our body is subject to... Science first, unless it's not PC, right?

Big G, you missed my point entirely. I have no doubt that there are stupid democrats. But Bill Clinton asking the court to define "is" was not stupid. It was a matter of context. They were putting his private sex life on trial and he was giving them semantic hell, I would have done the same, but I would have been more hardcore than he was.

In the deposition, the president was asked if he was involved with Lewinski in the present tense (using the word is) and clearly he was not at the point. So a truthful answer would have been, no. I would have simply stated no, if the person questioning was too stupid to phrase the question correctly. He actually tried to clarify, saying something to the extent of: if is, means is not and never has been (now including the past tense) then that's one thing (not providing an anwer, is he?) versus if is, means is not (currently) then the answer is no (which was a true statement).

I'll give an example to clarify. If you ask me if I'm having sex with my girlfriend (who is amazing and gorgeous btw ) while we're in your living room drinking a beer, I could answer "no." Which would be a completely true statement, because at that time, in your living room... I'm obviously not sexing her! Now if I had sex with her the night prior, and was in a sexual relationship with her, that would not necessarily change my answer. The question was phrased in the present tense, not a general tense. As your friend, I would likely respond to the true meaning of your question, but would I provide such a gracious answer to a man who has me on trial that is trying to humilaite me publically? Hells no. Fuck him. I'll answer no, let him get his own shit together. I'll make him to define my name if he's not careful with the English language.

By the way, I belive Bill was responding to the question in a more general, less time specific manner than my example. Meaning that he was no longer in sexually active relationship with Lewinski. Whether he was in a sexual relationship with her prior, was not specified.

And before you get all excited and quote the actual lie(s) that he made (or as he would most likely argue, being a lawyer, his seemingly contradictory testimony due to his disagreement with what a reasonable definition of sexual relation is )... I know that he lied. I'm not going to defend him where I should not. I would never cheat on my GF, much less my wife.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Some men are born 4'11" at 92lbs while others are born 7' at 320lbs. Some men are born dark skinned, some olive. Some women have a 34DD cup size while others have the chest of an 11 year old boy. But they were ALL born with similarly capable brains. Because the brain isn't a physical thing, subject to the same biological chance that the rest of our body is subject to... Science first, unless it's not PC, right?

Maybe I should answer in German so you'd understand better. First of all, we're not talking about special or extraordinary ability. I've had the opportunity to work with and be in the presence of true geniuses, a term that is used entirely too loosely these days. Sorry folks, they're wired differently. Maybe this is what you're getting at. What I'm getting at is the capacity towards moderate function. The average person educated int he industrialized modern world is vastly more knowledgeable and "intelligent" than say just 300 hundred years ago. Do you really think the majority of people in Africa have an IQ ranging 60-80 because of their biology, or because of other environmental factors. This is a function of education, or of programming the software if you will.

The comparison to the mechanical body is somewhat of a category mistake. We know, more and more in fact, that the brain is PROFOUNDLY adaptable with limits not yet explored. The physical limits of athletes, while being refined are pretty well established.

Quote:
Big G, you missed my point entirely. I have no doubt that there are stupid democrats. But Bill Clinton asking the court to define "is" was not stupid. It was a matter of context. They were putting his private sex life on trial and he was giving them semantic hell, I would have done the same, but I would have been more hardcore than he was.
This is a case of being too smart for your own good. It's not impressive to me in the slightest. I see it for what it is, douchebaggery. I would have had far more respect for any of the following:
- "None of your business"
- "A gentlemen never tells" (Which BTW Bush Senior once used and that was the end of it.)
- "Sure I put my co*k in her mouth. Any other questions you puriant little twats?"

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #24
I, Vettezuki

enkei

Actually, I'll integrate my point with your attempt at a refutation. The vast majority people are no where near their body's abilities, regardless of how they were born. What I was able to do at the end of six months of training for triathlon was impossible on day one. I was hardly unique. Likewise, many supposedly dumb people are capable of far more, they've just had bad "training". This pliability in our abilities has a lot to do with what I think is beautiful . . . and ugly about humanity.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-29-2009, 01:18 AM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
enkei

Actually, I'll integrate my point with your attempt at a refutation. The vast majority people are no where near their body's abilities, regardless of how they were born. What I was able to do at the end of six months of training for triathlon was impossible on day one. I was hardly unique. Likewise, many supposedly dumb people are capable of far more, they've just had bad "training". This pliability in our abilities has a lot to do with what I think is beautiful . . . and ugly about humanity.
Whether you think that Clinton should start his own religion or whether you think he's the devil, I don't care. The point is, he is not stupid. Nor was he stupid in the past. Haha.

I have this friend, Chris, Eric and I used to tease him all the time because he was so dumb.

He had a CRX, one day he drove over to my house with it to show us his new racing seats, Eric looked at the seats, pretended to think for a second, then stated "Hey, you know what you should do? ...You should put them in backwards!" I looked at Eric, then Chris, shouting "Yeah!" Chris stares blankly for a moment, then inquires "...But how would I see?"

We were at Eric's house one day, talking cars, Erics states to Chris "You should do racing stripes, they add 15 horsepower." Chris replies promptly, "I know." It was not dry humor, he was not kidding. And no, he didn't get it later.

As I said earlier, someone came into Best Buy and asked me for a DVD rewinder. Would I need to teach you, Ben, that because of the simple mechanics of a DVD, rather a lack thereof, that there is no way to rewind it?

Would I need to explain to you on a chalkboard, how an aesthetic piece of vinyl does not add mechanical efficiency or advantage to your engine?

Would I need to teach you in philosophy class, that there would be utterly no reason to place your seat facing backwards in your Vette? And would you begin to inquire about a potential lack of ability to see?

If there are 5 apples, and I take 3 away, how many do I have? Some will answer 2, motorgen.com members will answer 3. Is this because motorgen members received a better education? In math or more importantly english? Or would you attribute it to metal acuteness? You could have the best private education in the world, and if you were president Bush or my friend Chris, you'd still answer 2... and you know it.

And to answer your rhetorical question about whether I belive the lower IQs of tribal people in Africa to be lower as a result of education, or a biological condition, I'd say the latter. PC or not. (But let me clarify that I take your IQ test to be a sign of intelligence, which I belive the IQ test is not.) Different races of people have different genetic predispositions, Obama and his wife will not likely be producing many ginger kids. The brain is a physical part of the body, and it is subject to genetic predispositions as well. Trying to justify it, not that I know either way, I could say from a microevolutionary stand point that tribal humans are less likely to put intelligence as high on the mate qualification list as other civilized humans. Ergo... dem babies ain't gonsta be as smart.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:48 AM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . . Would I need to explain to you on a chalkboard, how an aesthetic piece of vinyl does not add mechanical efficiency or advantage to your engine?
No. Because I understand the difference between an aesthetic piece of vinyl and mechanical efficiency, though I suspect I wasn't born knowing the difference; at some point I learned. That is the question.

You are suggesting that some portion of the population lack the capacity for understanding the difference. This is obviously true to some extent. In PC terms we refer to these people as developmentally disabled. However, I maintain that the vast majority of people are in fact living FAR below their capacity. It's easy to call someone stupid. Hell, I'm a connoisseur of "The World's Dumbest" series on trueTV. But ask yourself seriously the next time you see someone say or do something stupid why'd they do that. Don't be intellectually lazy.

Yes, I know I have awesome metal acuity.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-30-2009, 03:07 AM   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
No. Because I understand the difference between an aesthetic piece of vinyl and mechanical efficiency, though I suspect I wasn't born knowing the difference; at some point I learned. That is the question.

You are suggesting that some portion of the population lack the capacity for understanding the difference. This is obviously true to some extent. In PC terms we refer to these people as developmentally disabled. However, I maintain that the vast majority of people are in fact living FAR below their capacity. It's easy to call someone stupid. Hell, I'm a connoisseur of "The World's Dumbest" series on trueTV. But ask yourself seriously the next time you see someone say or do something stupid why'd they do that. Don't be intellectually lazy.

The vast majority are likely capable of understanding, but there are many (enough to be not uncommon) people that are born... stupid. Utterly, stupid, and incapable of learning at a reasonable capacity.

I agree that many people function below their potential, but I still believe to a moral certainty that intelligence (capability considered) ranges (substantially) among people, as much as their heights and weights.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:32 AM   #28
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
The vast majority are likely capable of understanding, but there are many (enough to be not uncommon) people that are born... stupid. Utterly, stupid, and incapable of learning at a reasonable capacity.

I agree that many people function below their potential, but I still believe to a moral certainty that intelligence (capability considered) ranges (substantially) among people, as much as their heights and weights.
I'm not sure what you mean by intelligence, and certainly not by moral certainty. But I think I agree with you enough not to make a stink anymore.

Anyway Glenn, the LS6 I6 is indeed a VERY rare engine.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #29
Neanderthal

Quote:
Anyway Glenn, the LS6 I6 is indeed a VERY rare engine.
Yep, a rare piece. Maybe only one ever made.

I can't wait, when I post the next gem from our customers, where you guys take it from there.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #30

Quote:

How do I get me some of that there metal acuity? I think I needs some of that.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?