Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #1

Default Plastic Fabrication?

Ok i have a problem I have an 85 SVO registered in Washington State, and It's missing the headlight lenses, so I can't register it in California. Problem is the machine that used to make the headlights is obselete, making the headlights really really expensive. I'm talking about $80 for each inner blinker, and $200 each for the outers. Brings it to more than $500 bucks for a headlight set.

Now I'm wondering if anyone knows a place that does plastic fabrication? I figure if i get a one piece made it might be cheaper? Just trying to figure out another way besides converting the SVO to a 86 4 eye mustang because i want to keep the original SVO look and style the conversion would be cheap but it would make it look off..

Any help or input appreciated. I am bringing it down next month so i have a little bit to try n find a place.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Don't know of a plastic fabricator, but have you tried LK Q Corp for used part? They're pretty amazing.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #3

If the vehicle requires a brake and lamp inspection to register, it had better look/work like factory. I got dinged with a Lexus ES250 from back East that I bought. I had to take it to a inspection center. The headlights did not meet the requirements because the lenses had warped and could not produce the correct pattern/adjustment. I paid 400 for the car, 60 for the inspection, and 200 for some junk yard lenses and buckets. Drove it for a few months and sold it for 500 ! Not sure why I had to get the inspection, it was years ago.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Don't know of a plastic fabricator, but have you tried LK Q Corp for used part? They're pretty amazing.
Nope. Never seen that site before, it's blocked at work but I'll check it when i get home. I doubt I'll see it on there, it's a pita to even find someone selling it, and when they are it costs an arm and a leg.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
If the vehicle requires a brake and lamp inspection to register, it had better look/work like factory. I got dinged with a Lexus ES250 from back East that I bought. I had to take it to a inspection center. The headlights did not meet the requirements because the lenses had warped and could not produce the correct pattern/adjustment. I paid 400 for the car, 60 for the inspection, and 200 for some junk yard lenses and buckets. Drove it for a few months and sold it for 500 ! Not sure why I had to get the inspection, it was years ago.
Yes, it requires a brake and lamp inspection. That's why I'm worried it won't pass, i know it has a clean title, but i think when transferring from a different state it requires the CHP inspection.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

You can try these guys as well. Their site says they carry them but I couldn't find a price. You'll have to give them a call.

http://www.svpu.com/?http://www.svpu...svo/index.html

Late Model Restoration carries them as well but they were about $100 per headlight and I didn't see the side marker lights. I'm not sure if that's cheaper then the other places you have found them but they are original OEM Ford headlights. The SVO is a pretty cool car. If it was me and I could find the lights I'd just buy OEM ones for the extra money.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
You can try these guys as well. Their site says they carry them but I couldn't find a price. You'll have to give them a call.

http://www.svpu.com/?http://www.svpu...svo/index.html

Late Model Restoration carries them as well but they were about $100 per headlight and I didn't see the side marker lights. I'm not sure if that's cheaper then the other places you have found them but they are original OEM Ford headlights. The SVO is a pretty cool car. If it was me and I could find the lights I'd just buy OEM ones for the extra money.

Yea I'm going to give them a call after work, thanks Ron. I've seen them on LRS for the inner lights theyre like 80. The outer marker lights I've see OEM Ford are $200 a piece.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #8

W00t! I already had both inner marker lenses, and the so called "obselete" and impossible to find passenger side blinker cover in a box! Now all i need to do is find the driver side and I'm good.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
Fast & Filthy

Where did you find everything?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #10

I found it in a box with a bunch of half used gear oil, gaskets, spark plugs and the original hurst shifter it came with before I installed a Pro5.0 shifter. It was just sitting in my closet that I haven't looked in for a year.