Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Exclamation Site will be going down today for a while

Live as of July 17.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30218

===============
OP

We're moving the site today to a shared host to save some scratch. Hopefully it goes at least relatively smoothly and hopefully you don't notice much of a hit in performance once back up. . . .

Once this move is sorted, we'll be embarking on some upgrades in functionality.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 07-17-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #2

Will there be pie?!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
Will there be pie?!
Only for you.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #4

Just a quick question....why is motorgen hosted in iran?

http://www.geoiptool.com/en/?IP=217.66.216.75

edit....wrong ip (I forgot how to spell). nothing to see here just me being a busy body
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 07-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Just a quick question....why is motorgen hosted in iran?

http://www.geoiptool.com/en/?IP=217.66.216.75

edit....wrong ip (I forgot how to spell). nothing to see here just me being a busy body

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Probably more like later today or tomorrow. Moving from a fully dedicated co-located server to a shared system presents numerous configuration hurdles.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Probably more like later today or tomorrow. Moving from a fully dedicated co-located server to a shared system presents numerous configuration hurdles.
You had a fully Dedicated server for the site? What else did you have running on the server?

See this is why i'm glad I run my own server and my own stupid robust network (a cisco 2600 is a little much for 10 computers)
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 07-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
You had a fully Dedicated server for the site? What else did you have running on the server?

See this is why i'm glad I run my own server and my own stupid robust network (a cisco 2600 is a little much for 10 computers)
It was (is) our own phsyical server that we built and installed at a pretty high end data center. nothing ran on it other than MG, which is why even when there's been a couple hundred people on the site, there's virtually no difference in performance (depending on what connection you have). At work I have a ridiciulous high speed, I get disk access speeds to MG, about 9MBs/sec. Not nomore though. But we don't really make any money and that cost about $100/month, and Sean and I are in tight phase let's say.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It was (is) our own phsyical server that we built and installed at a pretty high end data center. nothing ran on it other than MG, which is why even when there's been a couple hundred people on the site, there's virtually no difference in performance (depending on what connection you have). At work I have a ridiciulous high speed, I get disk access speeds to MG, about 9MBs/sec. Not nomore though. But we don't really make any money and that cost about $100/month, and Sean and I are in tight phase let's say.
Not bad at all, My work is stuck with a T1, and i get about 60/10 at home (max for my cable company and fiber is just a bit to much money to have them pull it the last 1000 feet to my house)

Yes I have a full 4 post rack in my house

If you guys ever need some donations to help keep the boat afloat I think I can chip in something every now and then.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 07-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Yes I have a full 4 post rack in my house
That's normal. . .

Quote:
If you guys ever need some donations to help keep the boat afloat I think I can chip in something every now and then.

Thank you for your consideration. We'd like to maybe come up with some benefits package or something for members that might be worth something in exchange, like a "Gold Member" etc. But we have to have some scale before this would have any appeal to supporting vendors really. It's always a chicken and the egg problem. Also, the big idea a little later is to start organizing and promoting larger scale events, track days and what not that may be slightly more remunerative. In any event. We ain't going anywhere.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)