Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #41

The $10 fee is livable for no front plate.
1965 GTO - 439CI Poncho (440 hp/510 tq), 3 2bbl carbs (Tripower!), M20-4speed, Pro-Touring treatment (13"/12" brakes, fast ratio PS, tubular control arms, Global West suspension, etc.), 18" AR TT2 Classic wheels
2005 GTO - Cyclone Grey Metallic, M6 - Chrome lugnuts and tire valve caps; Oil Catch Can; Revenge Designs Spoiler; JBA shorties; Tuned by Advanced Dyno
2009 G8 GT - Maverick Silver Metallic, A6 - Chrome lugnuts on the way...

GTO: "A device for shrinking Time and Distance..."
Old 08-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #42

Hey, if you guys that receive what you think is bogus tickets such as no front plates would post what city, parking facility, store name, it might help others such as me to avoid those areas. I have heard that this was going on, but I had no idea that it is going on in the Republik of Kalifornication to the extent that is evidently is. The right (East) coast is having it's share of problems on this issue too. It's just not Kool and it never has been since the early to mid '70's to wear a front plate. Now I am not going to comment on whether I wear a front plate on my vehicle(s) or not.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #43
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
Hey, if you guys that receive what you think is bogus tickets such as no front plates would post what city, parking facility, store name, it might help others such as me to avoid those areas. I have heard that this was going on, but I had no idea that it is going on in the Republik of Kalifornication to the extent that is evidently is. The right (East) coast is having it's share of problems on this issue too. It's just not Kool and it never has been since the early to mid '70's to wear a front plate. Now I am not going to comment on whether I wear a front plate on my vehicle(s) or not.
I received mine in front of my house in Fontana all three times.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #44

I don't want to be rude, crude, and socially unacceptable here but it would almost pay you to move. Different LEO each time? Never have I ever been so thankful that I don't live in Fontana.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #45
Fast & Filthy

I live in a nice 2400sqft. house in a great neighborhood. I don't think a $10 ticket is worth moving for.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I live in a nice 2400sqft. house in a great neighborhood. I don't think a $10 ticket is worth moving for.
J/K, I'm sure that you are right.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #47

We all abhor front plates, even me. On some of my cars because they look like $hit and others because of camera enforcement.

But I was just looking at Hot Rod mag and some pics of CA hot rods from the 50's and 60's and even in shows many had front plates on them.

And my 89 GTA has never had a front plate on it and I don't have one to put on even if I wanted to. No plate and no bracket.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #48
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by injdinjn View Post
We all abhor front plates, even me. On some of my cars because they look like and others because of camera enforcement.

But I was just looking at Hot Rod mag and some pics of CA hot rods from the 50's and 60's and even in shows many had front plates on them.

And my 89 GTA has never had a front plate on it and I don't have one to put on even if I wanted to. No plate and no bracket.
I just don't want to put holes in my front bumper. I put the front plate back on the Explorer and left it but the bracket I made for the Cobra sticks out about 2 inches further than the bumper. I don't want someone to bump into it.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #49
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I just don't want to put holes in my front bumper. I put the front plate back on the Explorer and left it but the bracket I made for the Cobra sticks out about 2 inches further than the bumper. I don't want someone to bump into it.
thats why i dont have one.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #50

FWIW & IMHO, not wearing a front plate did not become a point of issue, i.e., i.e., until about mid '70's or so. I came across a pic of one of my most cherished hi-po cars that I owned in BFE, Wyoming about '72 or so, (virtually museum quality '69 Plymouth GTX, 440, white exterior with white interior with blue trim, all of the rare options) just a while back, and it wore a front plate.
In about '74 or so, I traded that car for a '70 Dodge Challenger T.A., 340, six-pack, 4 speed, and it also wore a plate. In about '75 or so, in the republik of kali, I bought a '68 Plymouth hemi GTX, and it also wore a front plate. More than likely, wearing a front plate became unkool in about mid to late '70's or so. By early '80's, I no longer owned a car that had a front plate.