Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #1

Default Sold the cobalt real sad

So I sold the balt to a guy in Northen California. We met in Valencia and traded money for keys. This isn't the issue. The issue comes today.

So I'm at work chilling, just doing my thing, bullshitting with a coworker. The new owner calls me rapid fire 3 times. On the 3rd call I tell my coworker I'll call him back and switch lines...

He tells me he just blew 3rd gear in a BRAND NEW less than 1k miles transmission, doing a 'no lift shift' (NLS). So GM figured it would be cool when building the Cobalt SS turbo to put an algorithm in the computer that allows you to hold the throttle WIDE open and the ECU keeps full boost during the shift when most other vehicles will open the bypass valve. Well that's all well and good. He said that he saw on the cobalt forums that this shift can be done, but it says everywhere not to do it with aftermarket clutches and stuff. I have never done the NLS ever because I didnt want to break stuff.

I know it isn't my problem or anything which is fine. But I get an emmotional connection to my cars when I do all the stuff I do to them. Granted with this car there werent motor swaps or anything. But the tuning and bolt ons and the track days were all alot of fun. And it makes me sad that someone buys it and 3 days later starts to abuse it and breaks it. After I owned it for 2 years and took care of it like a child.

I'm just venting, hopefully someone will understand I guess. Or maybe I'm just out of my damn mind... You decide

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #2

I know how you feel. The guy that crashed my GTO crashed his car a couple months later in the rain. Not my car but I put in a ton of work into it and I felt bad about it. I felt even worse when he had at least $10k into it and let the insurance company take it. I felt bad about my Eclipse and GTO as well, but I don't miss the constant repairs from my very hard driving, the car payments, or the insurance.

Just tell him he is a dumb fuck and try and forget about it.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 09-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

The Buddha says attachment to things creates suffering.

Vettezuki says the Buddha is right, but it's only natural. There. I hope that helped.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #4

I think Vettezuki-Buddha’s correct; difficult to put into practice but correct. I also know what you mean by the emotional attachment. The physical act of washing & waxing the car, standing back & looking at it, fixing something that’s broken… It’s a shame the guy who bought your car doesn’t have the same appreciation for it as you did but your reasoning behind selling it is sound. Hold on to that and you’ll be okay.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #5

Yea I don't know, I probably shouldn't feel this attachment to a piece of metal. It kind if makes me like a damn tree hugger chaining themselves to redwoods trying to save the forest and shit. Oh well, there is still a warranty on it so hopefully he will get a brand new transmission but I feel almost like I betrayed my poor baby and sent her into a life of shit.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

Here's how I view my items, I baby them, build them right, take care of them. But when the time comes, I absolutely beat the fucking shit out of them and dont feel bad if I break them. I then fix them, and care for them until the next time I break them.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Here's how I view my items, I baby them, build them right, take care of them. But when the time comes, I absolutely beat the fucking shit out of them and dont feel bad if I break them. I then fix them, and care for them until the next time I break them.
I'm with you. But its not like the guy was at the track or anything. I don't know the complete circumstance but it just sounds like he jacked up my baby getting onto a freeway. He hadn't had it for that long and I can only speculate that he didn't have a grasp on the performance of the car and the clutch.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

When it's gone, it's gone. I miss my dually but it aint mine no moe, no reason to fret over it since I cant change it. Try to break things and you'll be pleased when it happens instead of being pissed.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #9

Well I got a call from the new owner. Chevy isn't going to cover it under warranty. It had an aftermarket clutch in it but the clutch was installed by a GM dealer when the transmission was replaced