Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-25-2008, 11:27 PM   #31

so here my interesting first day with this car so i get off of this guy in irvine.

and the initial probs with the car where the valve cover has a small leak in the back from when it was rebuilt, no power steering fluid, and it seemed to have a front sway bar prob that made the steering wheel shake a tad in some decceleration and accelleration, and the paint isnt as good as the pics make it look lol and it was on a donut bc the original front passenger tire was popped.

so anywho i drive it home and the engine, drive train are actually really good and responsive and had no probs.

so im 2 exits on the freeway from my house and all of a sudden the donut goes....ya i was driving faster then i should have lol.

so im stuck at 530pm with a flat its dark and wat not. so my friend takes me to sears to get this fixed...so i get the new tire on the rim and we get back to my car on the freeway......when all of a sudden another starion pulls infront of mine and he offers to help me and we start talking starion. and i tell him to follow me to sears again because i wanted to get another new tire for the driver front and an alignment.

so we get there and talk more starion....and his is cool..primerd white getting ready to paint he has a bigger turbo and he says its his 5th starion!!

so anywho he says he live around the corner from me which suprised the hell outta me b/c ive never seen a starion in the IE? but he tells me there are 2 more owners in ontario. so he calls his starion friend to meet us at sears to let me see his starion.....well JESUS!!!!

wen this guy showed up i was mega suprised his starion seriously looks freakin show quality the paint flawless, his interior was nice, and his engine was fuckin crazy nice...if i could take a pic of it ill post it up but damn if u see it ull be impressed.

anywho they knew starions in and out and in there conclusion i should spend 500-700 to get it perfect, reliable, and clean.

anywho the first thing i wanna take care of is the power steering to see if the reason it has no fluid is because of a leak or what because really having no powersteering sucks and its making me not like the car.....coming from an ever where i could control the car like a dictator on a 3rd world contry.....having no power steering if fkin death and also i wanna get a realistic perspective on how this car handles

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Real men drive manual R&P.

Honestly, for what you paid seems totally fair to me. I wonder if the driveline is glass under real power

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Real men drive manual R&P.

Honestly, for what you paid seems totally fair to me. I wonder if the driveline is glass under real power
actually i didnt pay the price in the ad i payed talked him down to 2 grand.

also when i talked to those other starion owners they where telling me that the drivetrain is actually quite well made on these cars and neither one of them has had a drive train problem and between the both of them theyve had about 9 starions.

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.