Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #1

Default Im Getting My Starion Tomorrow!!!

im so mega fucken excited im getting my mitsubishi starion tomorrow WOO HOO!!!!!! and its in really good condition and properly built and maintianed im so fkin happy!!! :-D someone plz fkin shoot me my excitement is annoying me

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
im so mega fucken excited im getting my mitsubishi starion tomorrow WOO HOO!!!!!! and its in really good condition and properly built and maintianed im so fkin happy!!! :-D someone plz fkin shoot me my excitement is annoying me
Are you going to use it as your DD and go extra-psycho with the Evo?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-23-2008, 11:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Are you going to use it as your DD and go extra-psycho with the Evo?
see here is there problem i have 3 choices!!

choice 1 -
the evo stays where its at now around 500hp on a quick spooling turbo on e85 and with better tires would make an amazing road racing beast!! and this will get the brunt of my money investments!

and the starion is left with its single cam 2.6l engine and i do small things to it to get it around 200-280hp and have it as a DD baby burn out car. it rwd remember :-D

OR

choice 2 -
the evo gets put back to the stock turbo on e85 or its current turbo on 91 oct :-( no fun to be my DD

and the starion gets an evo engine and i built it to hell and make a 500-800hp drag beast

OR

choice 3 -
the evo get to stay where it is and turn into a road racing beast

and the starion get a similar e85 set up as my evo same turbo stock block with just cams etc..... and it turns into a nice drift comp car/road race car

and i could play with both but i know this will bleed my already thin pockets dry and if both cars are down then im screwed :-(

hell idk how the starion tranny will hold up to higher hp....it has a nice lcd and the evo engine or turbo eclipe engine *which is just an older evo engine* are direct drop ins for these car they bolt up to the tranny and what not.

for the short term though im gonna keep the evo as is because i know its good and reliable except for my risky tuning which is gonna change now lol....and keep the starion as is stock and dd it while my evo is in the garage keeping low milage and collecting value hopefully lol............

when i did some research i easily came to the conclusion that stuff for starions is way freakin cheaper then the same shit for an evo :-(

Old 11-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

You can always save your money until you know what you want to do. I'm sort of at this point with the Vette. a) Continue making it a nice all arounder. b) go a bit nuts with either road race or drag setup. Almost certainly the first route for me.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-23-2008, 11:28 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Option 4

Drive your car that I've never heard of before (insert model name here) everyday. Keep it stock, simple, 87 octane fuel efficient and reliable.

Then spend all your hard earned (and/ or easy earned) cash into the Evo and make it as fast and ridiculous as you possibly can. Then pick me up and we'll go pick on some STIs.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Option 4

Drive your car that I've never heard of before (insert model name here) everyday. Keep it stock, simple, 87 octane fuel efficient and reliable.
Behold the greatness that is Starion.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You can always save your money until you know what you want to do. I'm sort of at this point with the Vette. a) Continue making it a nice all arounder. b) go a bit nuts with either road race or drag setup. Almost certainly the first route for me.
i know what u mean like for real i want my cars to still be fun to drive not all scary and uncontrollable.

i feel like the evo is at that level ive pretty much met my goal with it and im happy where its at.

as for the starion idk ive never messed with a rwd car.....or even drove one expect for my moms e500 mercedes but merc's suck at lots of things performance so that doesnt count lol.

like i have no idea how breaking loose on a rwd car feels or like how to controll it when breaking loose in a turn.....or how to even controll a drift in a rwd car? its like a whole new world for me....

these are the things that really atracted me to the starion
-its a turbo 4 cylinder
-rwd
-mitsubishi lol
-an evo motor will drop right in
-it comes with lsd
-and its rear tires are 9' wide which aighnt bad from factory
-it kills the 80's rx7, 240sx, supra, hondas lol
-and jermey clarkson likes the starion and showed that it was a good car on top gear :-)

the last choice really did it for me though

Old 11-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #8
Super Moderator

RWD + LSD + Driver that's used to AWD =
Take it into a parking lot and make throttle heavy wide circles before you push it on the street.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:07 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Skilled

Old 11-24-2008, 12:51 AM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
RWD + LSD + Driver that's used to AWD = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnXpwOHdrlo

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)