Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #11

vette- once its in the insureces grasp u have to work quick to take parts out and engine and tranny uninstalles can get tricky and u have to replace all parts with that are removed with factory ones...so imma try and dump my blown motor in the back seat and take out the good one.

also the crack is from my hand.

i was making a tight right turn remember well my left hand was at 12 o clock when the air back went off and forced it threw the windshield i have all sorts of cuts and glass in my hand kinda hurts alot.

but here is wats wrong with the car
both front fenders
both head lights
bumper
radiator support
radiator
a/c condensor
coolent resivour
hood
windshield
steering wheel from air back
steering wheel shaft collapsed
rear driver rim
rear driver control arm
and any sensors assosiated with the airbags
radiato fans and so on
also the intercooler is fine hahah

like it just looked uglier then it is.

the radiater isnt even punctured it was just bent!!!

i turned on the car and let it idol for a second and reved it up no boost leaks, and then i put it in first and drove it 5 feet. so mechanically its tits!!

just mostly body damage

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I will pray for your Evo.
thanks man that means alot

Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
vette- once its in the insureces grasp u have to work quick to take parts out and engine and tranny uninstalles can get tricky and u have to replace all parts with that are removed with factory ones...so imma try and dump my blown motor in the back seat and take out the good one.

also the crack is from my hand.

i was making a tight right turn remember well my left hand was at 12 o clock when the air back went off and forced it threw the windshield i have all sorts of cuts and glass in my hand kinda hurts alot.

but here is wats wrong with the car
both front fenders
both head lights
bumper
radiator support
radiator
a/c condensor
coolent resivour
hood
windshield
steering wheel from air back
steering wheel shaft collapsed
rear driver rim
rear driver control arm
and any sensors assosiated with the airbags
radiato fans and so on
also the intercooler is fine hahah

like it just looked uglier then it is.

the radiater isnt even punctured it was just bent!!!

i turned on the car and let it idol for a second and reved it up no boost leaks, and then i put it in first and drove it 5 feet. so mechanically its tits!!

just mostly body damage

Gotta love cars with a Ralley heritage.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #14
Fast & Filthy

Glad you and your passengers are okay Steve. Don't worry if they total the car because you can still buy it back from them. My brother did that when his K5 Blazer got hit. It actually worked out well for him because he was able to completely redo the truck for less than what they gave him plus the price he paid to buy it back. Plus it was way nicer. He had custom National Springs with a 6 inch lift made for it. It scored a 1200 (highest you can get) on a RTI ramp.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Glad you and your passengers are okay Steve. Don't worry if they total the car because you can still buy it back from them. My brother did that when his K5 Blazer got hit. It actually worked out well for him because he was able to completely redo the truck for less than what they gave him plus the price he paid to buy it back. Plus it was way nicer. He had custom National Springs with a 6 inch lift made for it. It scored a 1200 (highest you can get) on a RTI ramp.
That kind of begs the question, can't you just take a total payment for the total less buy back in one fell swoop? Lexy?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #16
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
ya man im good and my 3 other passengers are too lol

the short story is i was leaving the e85 station in LA i went about 400ft down the road which turns into a 90 degree right turn. and there was an suv in front of me well he braked in preperation for the turn and i braked in preperation for the turn right behind him, well in the middle of the sharp right i guess this asshole gets scared and hits his brakes like theres a fuckin deer in the middle of the road or something and i reacted to slow and my hood and lights went under his honda pilots read bumper and because i hit the brakes so hard in the middle of a right turn my rear end slid out and the rear driver side tire hit the curb.
So you basicly rrear ended some dude?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #17
Super Moderator

You might be able to buy the car back from the insurance company if they do total it. Then just pay the difference to get it fixed.

If I were you, I'd let it go. Build another one, bigger and badder. Tough luck man, be happy that you can still walk. That's all that's important.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You might be able to buy the car back from the insurance company if they do total it. Then just pay the difference to get it fixed.

If I were you, I'd let it go. Build another one, bigger and badder. Tough luck man, be happy that you can still walk. That's all that's important.

ya man i see your point with that but i already have so much in this car that i dont wanna let it go. and i really dont want another evo or even an evo 10 because i really wanted to hop on a genesis coupe and my evo was gonna become roll caged garage queen when the hyundai shows up....this accident puts a wrench in that plan.

vette- ya ur right this car is a fighter...bullet proof mechanically but exterior might as well be made of fairy dust its so non functional...it was ment to really be attached with mud and zip ties

also i do wanna know if i can buy the car back?

i was told by another friend that you can buy it back if u hastle the insurence company about it once they cut u the pay off check....so in a sense u can double end the deal. and fix it yourself

BADDASSC6 - lol ya basicly i rear ended this guy....im so over insurence companys not once have they every found any of my incidense to be the other drivers fault. like really at least try to fight for me and throw me a damn bone for one accident for the 375 a month they charge me every damn month.

i beleive if i heard the voice correctly on my dads phone being as how the car is in his name. they found me to be at fault after 5 minutes of talking to me....state farm didnt even talk to any of my passengers! but the other guys insurence which was progressive was all nice and she talked like the lady from the progressive commercials all cute and what not and she talked to all my passengers!!!

and the other guy that hit me in october had mercury and they where all mean with me and fighting for him hitting me even though it was his fault like no freakin joke i need to get a new insurence company!! state farm are lame.

at this point though i could care less if im at fault i just want my baby running and for the freakin pain in my ankle and hand to go away!

i was hitting the break so freaking hard my brake pedel bent toward the gas pedel i was pretty suprised when noticed that

Old 02-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #19

Sorry about the car. But thank God you walked away with your life.The car can be replaced...you can't
Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
DAMN! well alteast you and your passengers are ok. So did they make it 100% your fault or was it split?

on a side note... did your head hit the windshield??? jesus man =(
Lol, this is my insurance adjuster part of me coming out so bare with me and some terminology.

Based upon Steves FOL (facts of loss) it appears that he rear ended the party in front of him. He most likely would be found 100% liable for rear ending the party infront of him and then losing control and hitting the curb (again....all insurance coming out here). Should he wish to dispute the FOL and say "the fella slammed on the brakes for no apparent reason" a witness would have to prove that, but since it doesn't sounds like that is the case (PS - passanges are not witness'...they have a biased opinion about the FOL (just general knowledge I'd thought i'd share) the insurance company would most likely come back and say, he was following too close, or going too fast for the road/weather conditions....so and so on.

Normal person now....

Steve, I'm so sorry dude. I'm glad that you guys are all ok. For airbags to deploy, that requires some serious force. And as for your head to the windshield....eek, no bueno dude. Again I'm glad you're all ok.