Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 AM   #41
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
for the whole custom one off set up which migh end up being the status quo set up.

*hook up= close friend pricing
ex header - $300-400...........hook up $100
turbo ex dump piece $100-250....hook up $50
turbo outlet pipe $60-100.........hook up $40
intake pipe - $150-250............hook up $50
universal oil/coolant lines $100

so if you where to actually make a kit out of it so say bolt up an evo turbo to a gen coupe, or any car combination, you could make some ok scratch off it.

just make sure your welds are top notch and never crack, and make everything fit like a glove, and advertive as made in the USA and say u actually put r&d into your products then people will come in groves and jizz all over you.

then you can actually start buying up garrett turbo's in whole sale and doing port jobs on them and shove them into new cars you can become big. its really not hard what companys do out there just alot of them get lazy or cant weld or screw up what they ship out. as long as your ontop of ur game u could make some money!

i say do it because i dont like paying full price for stuff and you know you wanna help a motorgen OG out haha
I have taken your information under advisement. I'm like totally professional when it comes to details of transactions. Welding is the key here . . . it is a real skill when you're talking about headers and especially anything in aluminum. But I always thought I could do anything I wanted . . . so we'll see. At best, wouldn't be soon. I am getting my garage wired with a sub panel,including some 240 circuits this Friday.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I have taken your information under advisement. I'm like totally professional when it comes to details of transactions. Welding is the key here . . . it is a real skill when you're talking about headers and especially anything in aluminum. But I always thought I could do anything I wanted . . . so we'll see. At best, wouldn't be soon. I am getting my garage wired with a sub panel,including some 240 circuits this Friday.
ya that would be cool if you got into that and get your garage dset up like a mini shop.

my auto teacher right now has a gangster ass set up at his house! his whole garage is a machine/auto shot, he has everything in there from a baking oven, boring bar, honing machine, hydrolice spring compressor, mig welder, tig welder, pipe bender, hydrolic press, crank balancer, sonic tester, valve grinder, stone valve seat set....about to get a hydrolic valve seat serdi machine, and mani mani more machines and kits he is insane. and build crazy sbc engines, but he has done full street and race rebulds for sbf, honduh's, 53 cadi, and a crap load more.

the only downside to his work is that he charges ALOT!! to pay for his equipment but his work is amazing!!!

also if your project needs head work like bigger valves, valve guide fix or what not or if you need it bored and honed toss it my way sense im able to use the class equipment for free while im in the class, and doing that stuff is so amazingly easy, i can see the only reason machine work cost so much is to pay for the equipment pretty much.

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #43
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Steve,

If you're really looking for one - give Steve at Santa Ana Hyundai a call. He's a friend's dad.

Sean
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #44
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
ya that would be cool if you got into that and get your garage dset up like a mini shop.

my auto teacher right now has a gangster ass set up at his house! his whole garage is a machine/auto shot, he has everything in there from a baking oven, boring bar, honing machine, hydrolice spring compressor, mig welder, tig welder, pipe bender, hydrolic press, crank balancer, sonic tester, valve grinder, stone valve seat set....about to get a hydrolic valve seat serdi machine, and mani mani more machines and kits he is insane. and build crazy sbc engines, but he has done full street and race rebulds for sbf, honduh's, 53 cadi, and a crap load more.

the only downside to his work is that he charges ALOT!! to pay for his equipment but his work is amazing!!!

also if your project needs head work like bigger valves, valve guide fix or what not or if you need it bored and honed toss it my way sense im able to use the class equipment for free while im in the class, and doing that stuff is so amazingly easy, i can see the only reason machine work cost so much is to pay for the equipment pretty much.

Yeah, you gotta recoup your capital investment. For that kind of stuff it gets heavy fast, especially if you start talking about mills and lathes etc.

Our heads have BIG valves, but our pistons don't have big enough reliefs. We "could" fly cut them in place, but if we could remove the whole rotating assembly, fly cut the pistons and balance the whole assembly after said fly cutting, that'd be something to consider. Is this something you can handle without hurting yourself or someone else?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yeah, you gotta recoup your capital investment. For that kind of stuff it gets heavy fast, especially if you start talking about mills and lathes etc.

Our heads have BIG valves, but our pistons don't have big enough reliefs. We "could" fly cut them in place, but if we could remove the whole rotating assembly, fly cut the pistons and balance the whole assembly after said fly cutting, that'd be something to consider. Is this something you can handle without hurting yourself or someone else?
as far as the cranks balancer or w/e that he will be teaching us in the next few weeks or so, my teacher would be walking us threw the whole thing on a one by one basis for anyone who brings in there own projects and like i said if its a ford/chevey v8 he can bang it out with his eyes closed. just let me know what exactly you guys want and ill let him know and bring it in.

i think the only other thing you guys will have to give me besides the engine will be an engine stand to keep it set on,

as far as my evo engine the only thing im waiting on is for the classes soda blast machine to come in sometime this semester hopefully, they have a sand blaster but im really shakey about the idea or little sand pelets getting stuck in my oil and coolant journals if i dont wash it out well or if the washer doesnt fully get them out, being as how its my first engine build i can see little things like this getting sour quick haha

Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Steve,

If you're really looking for one - give Steve at Santa Ana Hyundai a call. He's a friend's dad.

Sean

ya for sure when im ready ill give him a call, like i said before he is willing to hook it up below msrp i know every tom dick and jane on the genesiscoupe forum in socal will purchase from there and maybe if they couls set up a "forum member" discount for cars and parts they would be set.

you can tell that hyundai dealerships havent had any car group followings, like nissan/mitsu/toyota etc.. from there car forum groups alot of the guys where like there is a group forum already and the cars not out? hahah it was cute