Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to kameleongt

car looks great cant wait to see this at the next motorgen meet if he makes it down
Old 01-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Technically, you're more of a "blower" for turbos.
lol hey suckerin or blowin it all fun till someone pokes an eye out

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #23
Compression Whore

Send a message via AIM to MeNmyType-SH Send a message via MSN to MeNmyType-SH Send a message via Yahoo to MeNmyType-SH

Wow, 3 pages already, huh? Sick.

Whats up Sean?

Whats up Guys, Im Max. The owner of the Prelude. I see I have alot of questions here...

Some I can answer right off the top of my head - like, someone asked if I was running a stand alone. Yes. I am using an AEM EMS stand alone unit.

Car is down right now, getting the head worked on. Right now it flows almost 360CFM, which is alot for a honda head!!!! Im using oversized valves, and its a nightmare because of the camshaft's lift. The exhaust Cam is -3*, and the intake is +5*, and the valve overlap in VTEC is .040", and givin room for heat expansion, id' say its closer to .030" overlap. Close? yes. Major VTEC? yes.

Not running Methanol, Im running a Straight Alcohol Blend into the intake manifold with two 1,600CC injectors, but I plan on going with 4 500CC injectors, placed right under the 440CC RC's that im running for gas. Im familiar with tuning, but not with this stuff, a friend of mine is doing it - and Im not sure hom many questions I can answer about this subject, without finding out information first. I think its around 70 - 90% alcohol when WOT over 7,500RPM...I know that it fucks up my Wideband (AEM UGEO), and it says my A/F is 4.0 hahaha.

Generally I am running around with 91 in the tank, some times I may blend it with some 118, but that shits getting to expensive...If I know im going to go race around, I'll put straight 118 in it, and go VTEC around

VTEC crossover is at 7,000 RPM, and carries well to 10,200 RPM. Even though I know the motor can do it, I play it safe and stop it at about 9,200 RPM. The torque steer is actually pretty bad. I dont remember talking about this sean! haha. Well, its not terrible...but its annoying. It even worse because im using an Un-sprung clutch, and its hard to get off the line quietly. hahahaha.

Here are Dyno numbers. I know they arent "sheets" but alot of people can vouch for me (maybe not here..but ya).

91 oct. straight - 268whp / 200ftlbs
91 oct + Alcohol - 340whp / 243ftlbs
118 oct. straight - 321whp / 221ftlbs
118 oct + Alcohol - 369whp / 276ftlbs

Those are my standing numbers right now, without the ZEX 175 shot of nitrous that I am adding on as well.

So im guessing with the ZEX kit, on 118+A will be somewhere around 540WHP / 350FTLBS.

Its rude. its crude. its impractical. its a pain in my ass to drive. But its alot of fun...but the thing that sucks is FWD. I miss my 04 Cobra for that reason only.

Thats all I can think of for now. Any questions/comments are appreciated, good or bad.. Everyone has thier own opinions!

-Maximus

Incase you can't find it on the site (its having issues), heres a direct link to mods/pictures

http://www.precisionautocustoms.com/maxsprelude.htm
Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #24
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeNmyType-SH View Post
Wow, 3 pages already, huh? Sick.

Whats up Sean?

Whats up Guys, Im Max. The owner of the Prelude. I see I have alot of questions here...

Some I can answer right off the top of my head - like, someone asked if I was running a stand alone. Yes. I am using an AEM EMS stand alone unit.

Car is down right now, getting the head worked on. Right now it flows almost 360CFM, which is alot for a honda head!!!! Im using oversized valves, and its a nightmare because of the camshaft's lift. The exhaust Cam is -3*, and the intake is +5*, and the valve overlap in VTEC is .040", and givin room for heat expansion, id' say its closer to .030" overlap. Close? yes. Major VTEC? yes.

Not running Methanol, Im running a Straight Alcohol Blend into the intake manifold with two 1,600CC injectors, but I plan on going with 4 500CC injectors, placed right under the 440CC RC's that im running for gas. Im familiar with tuning, but not with this stuff, a friend of mine is doing it - and Im not sure hom many questions I can answer about this subject, without finding out information first. I think its around 70 - 90% alcohol when WOT over 7,500RPM...I know that it fucks up my Wideband (AEM UGEO), and it says my A/F is 4.0 hahaha.

Generally I am running around with 91 in the tank, some times I may blend it with some 118, but that shits getting to expensive...If I know im going to go race around, I'll put straight 118 in it, and go VTEC around

VTEC crossover is at 7,000 RPM, and carries well to 10,200 RPM. Even though I know the motor can do it, I play it safe and stop it at about 9,200 RPM. The torque steer is actually pretty bad. I dont remember talking about this sean! haha. Well, its not terrible...but its annoying. It even worse because im using an Un-sprung clutch, and its hard to get off the line quietly. hahahaha.

Here are Dyno numbers. I know they arent "sheets" but alot of people can vouch for me (maybe not here..but ya).

91 oct. straight - 268whp / 200ftlbs
91 oct + Alcohol - 340whp / 243ftlbs
118 oct. straight - 321whp / 221ftlbs
118 oct + Alcohol - 369whp / 276ftlbs

Those are my standing numbers right now, without the ZEX 175 shot of nitrous that I am adding on as well.

So im guessing with the ZEX kit, on 118+A will be somewhere around 540WHP / 350FTLBS.

Its rude. its crude. its impractical. its a pain in my ass to drive. But its alot of fun...but the thing that sucks is FWD. I miss my 04 Cobra for that reason only.

Thats all I can think of for now. Any questions/comments are appreciated, good or bad.. Everyone has thier own opinions!

-Maximus

Incase you can't find it on the site (its having issues), heres a direct link to mods/pictures

http://www.precisionautocustoms.com/maxsprelude.htm
Welcome to the board dude. We may not have talked about torque steer, it could have been my imagination, LOL.

When do you expect to have this thing running again? I'd love to see it at our dyno day in February...
Old 01-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #25
Compression Whore

Send a message via AIM to MeNmyType-SH Send a message via MSN to MeNmyType-SH Send a message via Yahoo to MeNmyType-SH

For sure dude, thanks for the warm welcome!!

I think I can probably make it down there...but I may not be able to go on the Dyno...we'll see. I have brand new rings on the pistons, as well as bearings and some other odds n' ends, and I gotta break it in. I should be cool to go by then. I might have my alcohol setup off though, I take it off whenever im breaking in a motor.

Even if i come down with just 118oct, I'd be happy to lay down some mid 300's on the dyno for fun.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeNmyType-SH View Post
For sure dude, thanks for the warm welcome!!

I think I can probably make it down there...but I may not be able to go on the Dyno...we'll see. I have brand new rings on the pistons, as well as bearings and some other odds n' ends, and I gotta break it in. I should be cool to go by then. I might have my alcohol setup off though, I take it off whenever im breaking in a motor.

Even if i come down with just 118oct, I'd be happy to lay down some mid 300's on the dyno for fun.
I just want to get it on video for the sound alone
Old 01-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
hmmm maf signal controlled meth interesting ive never heard of that. all the kits i hear of at least for imports are boost controlled and pretty much throw more meth the more boost signal its reading.

Here's an alternative to using the MAF signal

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=7

Here's another slick system:

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #28
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Here's an alternative to using the MAF signal

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=7

Here's another slick system:

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=75
Joe, are you using any alcohol with your CS?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Joe, are you using any alcohol with your CS?
No, but I had a snow performance boost referenced kit on my 68 when I increased the boost to 12 lbs. Unfortunately I fried a piston first. So I replaced the piston, installed the water/methanol and life was good again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #30
Compression Whore

Hey, Sean said something interesting. He said something about the hours that went into the engine bay..I don't have it infront of me, but I can take a CLOSE guess and say that there is probably about 750-1000 HOURS in that. About 10 hours, 25 days a month, for 4 months...

Welding, Grinding, Primer, Sanding, Grinding, Primer, Sand, Weld....a lil' bit of filler...sand, prep, primer, paint.

It was a nightmare. Could have taken the easy way out and bondo'd everything, but we did it the right way! Welded all the holes shut.

I have to say, Honda metal is HORRIBLE to try and weld with. its really crappy quality.

Just another day at the shop.