Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Wow! That's insane. I guess the methonal would definately get hte job done, but does that means he has to run it all the time or only whenit's on a heavy load?
Not sure. I think he said something about a 5 gallon tank for meth, so I'm thinking maybe all the time.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
fixed
DAMN IT ALL TO HELL, I DO THAT ALL THE TIME. Stupid FWD
Old 01-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Old 01-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #14
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #15

hmmm the how much meth is ran and how it kicks in question is actually a really good one im interested in the answer!

unless he has a stand alone ems then i doubt he is running it full time.

also if it where running full time then the 5 gal would go out on him quick.

the only thing i could think of is its activated when his vtec kicks in *no this isnt a honda joke* that would make the most sense, being as how vtec raises not only timing but compression and just like boost when the hightend compression kicks in thats when he would need a higher octane fuel to not detonate. thats my theory on how he's running his.

but i wanna here it from the horses mouth and see how close i got.

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #16
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
hmmm the how much meth is ran and how it kicks in question is actually a really good one im interested in the answer!

the only thing i could think of is its activated when his vtec kicks in *no this isnt a honda joke* that would make the most sense, being as how vtec raises not only timing but compression and just like boost when the hightend compression kicks in thats when he would need a higher octane fuel to not detonate. thats my theory on how he's running his.

He was talking about the VTEC and tuning, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right. If nothing else I think the engine bay and headers are kind of a work of art
Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:

As I recall from bgn8711s Turbo Buick, the alcohol pump gets it's signal from the MAF, so it's continuously variable. Then you have a manual "trim" to turn it up or down, so nothing under low boost, bunches with heavy boost. In short pump controlled by MAF signal. Have no idea here.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
wow freakin impressive a 2.6L honda motor dang. its kinda cool i wanna hear this thing in person. the only thing i dont agree with is his N/A is best sticker lol but a freakin clean car none the less
LOL, I agree, forced induction FTW

I do admire him for doing something different though and for doing it tastefully.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
As I recall from bgn8711s Turbo Buick, the alcohol pump gets it's signal from the MAF, so it's continuously variable. Then you have a manual "trim" to turn it up or down, so nothing under low boost, bunches with heavy boost. In short pump controlled by MAF signal. Have no idea here.
hmmm maf signal controlled meth interesting ive never heard of that. all the kits i hear of at least for imports are boost controlled and pretty much throw more meth the more boost signal its reading.

but then again there is something about gm mafs that make them easy to hack into...most imports actually swap out to a gm vette 3" maf becasue of its bigger size duhhh but with a simple signal translater kit thats pretty much plug and play kinda cool shit.

i do need to check out this turbo buick i think if i ever had a domestic id want to put that engine in it lol.....imma sucker for turbo's :-(

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
hmmm maf signal controlled meth interesting ive never heard of that. all the kits i hear of at least for imports are boost controlled and pretty much throw more meth the more boost signal its reading.

but then again there is something about gm mafs that make them easy to hack into...most imports actually swap out to a gm vette 3" maf becasue of its bigger size duhhh but with a simple signal translater kit thats pretty much plug and play kinda cool shit.

i do need to check out this turbo buick i think if i ever had a domestic id want to put that engine in it lol.....imma sucker for turbo's :-(
Technically, you're more of a "blower" for turbos.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)