Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default RET Dyno Day Videos

Hey every, here is a sampling of the dyno videos from RET this past Saturday. This is also where we will be holding our dyno day in February. Enjoy

This is our very own HeyPal and his turbo Impala. Be sure to notice the oil shooting out of the breather

Next up is a 2003 DSG Mach 1 with the Aluminator engine and a 75 shoot of Nitrous. He was putting down about 338RWHP on motor alone.

This 03/04 Silver Cobra came in with a 2lb lower and no tune. He started off the day with about 423rwhp and 398rwtq, but his dyno graph looked like a earthquake seismograph. By the time Greg got finished working his magic though he was sitting at 430rwhp and 416rwtq with a very safe tune.

This 2002 Mustang GT had a procharger and put down about 368rwhp. He was having a weird problem though where in the middle of the rev range the A/F was falling under 10, but by the top was leaning out to almost 13...

This is Leedom's 2003 Mach 1. He has an intake, and exhaust. He put down 270rwhp and 286rwtq. The car will have a blower eventually so he can keep up with my car

The next car is a 2003 Black Mach 1 with a bad coil pack. The car was definitely not running correctly, but the owner was planning on replacing the coil pack this week.

Black Mach with bad coil pack

The last car we got was a flat black SN95 Cobra. I don't remember exactly what his #'s were, but I think they were 204 rwhp and 279rwtq.

Incidentally, for anyone looking for a tuner I can't say enough about Greg at Racers Edge Tuning. He's a fantastic tuner and will definitely treat you right. I'm trying to talk him into doing another dyno day for the site sometime in February, so I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #2

I didn't know anyone from Motorgen was on site I was the FIRST car dynoed.
my 2001 GT put down 325 and 360 to 380 TQ but the graph was breaking up due to tuning issues.

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 12-23-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiced01gt281 View Post
I didn't know anyone from Motorgen was on site I was the FIRST car dynoed.
my 2001 GT put down 325 and 360 to 380 TQ but the graph was breaking up due to tuning issues.
How close was I with my guess?
Old 12-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Hey every, here is a sampling of the dyno videos from RET this past Saturday. This is also where we will be holding our dyno day in February. Enjoy

This is our very own HeyPal and his turbo Impala. Be sure to notice the oil shooting out of the breather

Turbo Impala

. . .
Why is it that Motorgen users have oil shooting out of the tops of their engines. I'm pretty sure that's not ideal. In fairness though this was more like vaporized oil.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #5

LOL it was lower then what we both thought. I'm pulling the NOS off in January and I'm going to find a good used procharger kit. that will give me more power then the NOS anyways.

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #6

she was just breathing, my GN did the same thing.. i didn't see any oil flying out..
Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #7

so this dyno day in feb. will they be accomodating AWD cars or is this just a 2wd kinda event :-(?

my car should be done by then

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #8

Sorry for bringing this thread back, but I just barely remembered about the vid! LoL Anyway, that's my black Mach 1 that was missing pretty badly in the vid. A few days after Dyno Day, I got my new COPs via UPS! Had I ordered them about a day or two earlier, I woulda had them in time for Dyno Day! Oh well, when I go back for another dyno day, I'll have a before and after comparison