Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Ideas for a Project car
V8 (SBC/ BBC/ SBF/ BBF/ SBM/ BBM) in a 240sx 1 16.67%
TT V6 in a 240sx 0 0%
V8 in an RX7 2 33.33%
TT V6 in an RX7 0 0%
V8 in a Mustang 2 2 33.33%
TT V6 in a Mustang 2 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #41
Super Moderator

Just changed my vote.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #42
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Just changed my vote.
How do I change my vote?
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 12-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #43
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
How do I change my vote?
What do you want to change it to?

Adam, did you see my link to the 79 RX-7? Looks in pretty good shape. Probably could recoupe some money with the motor/trans?

Glenn, my brother might actually be interseted in the Celica GT as a project car. Let me talk to him. Do you have any pics or more details on its "condition"?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #44
Super Moderator

Eh. Not worth $1500+ IMO. But yeah, that's the idea.

Don't worry about the condition of the paint. If you don't want a show quality paint job we can scuff the paint thats on there with a scotch brite pad and shoot it the next day in your garage with some cheap 2K.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #45
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Eh. Not worth $1500+ IMO. But yeah, that's the idea.

Don't worry about the condition of the paint. If you don't want a show quality paint job we can scuff the paint thats on there with a scotch brite pad and shoot it the next day in your garage with some cheap 2K.
Ok, I haven't looked for RX-7s, what a good target price range for a roller?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #46
I, Vettezuki

Cheap RX7. Is this more of what you're thinking of Adam?
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/971089318.html

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #47
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Cheap RX7. Is this more of what you're thinking of Adam?
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/971089318.html
That looks interesting. I wonder what the curb weight would be stripped out?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #48
Power's off.

Look. I 'll give a hand, but keep the first one easy/simple. Mustang 2 front end stuff is avail. SBC's weigh more than stock 4/6 bangers. You need to beef it up. I see imports as a PITA, but you guys know more what's out there. Now I appreciate the HP/weight ratioo, but a built SBC will rip out a Mazda rear end. A Ford 9" will graft in a M2 fairly easily.
But, I'm all ears. Educate me, but keep it simple. CRS at 53.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #49
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Apparently, if it has a "show car" registration it will be exempt from smog, but will be restricted in the number of miles it can drive, which should be fine for our purposes. However, I'm pretty sure you can put just about whatever you want in a pre 1975 and register it normally.
Correct. My next "project" vette will be a 75 or earlier. Anything goes then.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #50
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Look. I 'll give a hand, but keep the first one easy/simple. Mustang 2 front end stuff is avail. SBC's weigh more than stock 4/6 bangers. You need to beef it up. I see imports as a PITA, but you guys know more what's out there. Now I appreciate the HP/weight ratioo, but a built SBC will rip out a Mazda rear end. A Ford 9" will graft in a M2 fairly easily.
But, I'm all ears. Educate me, but keep it simple. CRS at 53.
I totally hear you brother. I'm shooting for the best combination of doable+challenging given the human and technical resources we have available. The thing about the SBC in an RX7 or 240 is that it wouldn't be the first time. People have done it, so we can investigate and see how we can do it better or at least somehow more . . . colorfully.

As for the M2, I'm actually very interested in doing this as a future project, but with the Mitsubishi or Nissan engine. There are lots of American engines in imports, but VERY few import engines in American cars, so it's kinda more interesting, but it'd definitely be more expensive given the nature of those engines.

I have clearance from my designated spousal unit to use our large and well lit patio as a storage and work space for this project. I'd like to make a decision on direction and am leaning towards the RX7 + SBC. As you pointed out I think the most critical challenge will be the diff. What are the guys who have RX7s with LS1s running I wonder.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Closed Thread