Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #401
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Hey enkeivette, you still down for getting some shit done in August?
Yes, sorry I've been working on the Vette. Haven't had a chance to put the fuel pump on in about 5 months and I'm tired of watching my rotors rust.

Not planning on doing anything in the 95 degree daytime though. Haha, what nights are you free?
Old 08-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #402
Super Moderator

Also, is the primer that we have epoxy primer? We NEED epoxy primer, because were not going to be able to get rid of all that 'surface rust,' and any other type of primer will lift.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #403
I, Vettezuki

Basically I'm free in the nights and it's kind of nice out actually. I'll check to see what primer.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #404
pain's fun, hit me again

We need a 2k epoxy primer. I'll see if I cant hit up one of my customers about some PCL Poly Primer.

And that surface rust will come right off with a little naval jelly
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #405
Super Moderator

Feel free to prep it Guy And ya, 2K, I'd say white epoxy since you want to paint it white. Kustom Shop makes some good stuff.

Ben, it was 95 degrees today. That's about as 'nice' as a motorcycle cop with hemeroids.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #406
pain's fun, hit me again

Naval jelly comes in a spray form as well, spray on, hose off, blow dry and etch.

Color of the primer all depends what kind of white we use. PCL however makes the best primer on the market, hands down. I'll see what I can come up with.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #407
Super Moderator

I think about coming over to do some work on this car every so often. I want to get a coat of primer on it, but truth be told, I hate sanding, and I dont want to spend a day sanding all of that rust off. So if anyone wants to go down there and sand it, I'll come with the spray gun.

And if you can get some epoxy primer, we dont have to take all of the rust off. It can just be sanded and we can spray right over it. Epoxy primer stops the rust from spreading.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #408
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I think about coming over to do some work on this car every so often. I want to get a coat of primer on it, but truth be told, I hate sanding, and I dont want to spend a day sanding all of that rust off. So if anyone wants to go down there and sand it, I'll come with the spray gun.

And if you can get some epoxy primer, we dont have to take all of the rust off. It can just be sanded and we can spray right over it. Epoxy primer stops the rust from spreading.
It's on the patio right now. I'm going to put it in the garage within a couple weeks. To be a little more convenient to work on. Touch base on this soon.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #409
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

No one likes sanding. Unfortunately spraying don't happen without it.

Stopping the world!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #410
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
No one likes sanding. Unfortunately spraying don't happen without it.
Informative, and helpful!