Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This one almost brings tears to my eyes every time . . .

Tom Traubert's Blues (Waltzing Matilda) - Tom Waits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBdo4...eature=related
Wow. How did I miss that one? Fantastic!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This one almost brings tears to my eyes every time . . .

Tom Traubert's Blues (Waltzing Matilda) - Tom Waits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBdo4...eature=related
Damn you, Ben. It's been 4 days since I first listened to this one and I'm mesmerized by it! If it was a vinyl 45, I'd have already run a needle all the way through it.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #123
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
Damn you, Ben. It's been 4 days since I first listened to this one and I'm mesmerized by it! If it was a vinyl 45, I'd have already run a needle all the way through it.
It really is that good, if you're into that sort of thing. Great lyrics (almost unheard of these days), nice arrangement and a one-of-a-kind vocal performance. I love Tom Waits.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #124
I, Vettezuki

"Alfie" - Dionne Warwick arranged Burt Bacharach

It's an awesome, quirky song.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-15-2009, 01:29 AM   #125
I, Vettezuki

"Hunger Strike" - Temple of the Dog

This is totally my senior year in H.S and especially the summer after. Temple of the Dog is possibly the best grunge album ever.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 01-18-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #126
I, Vettezuki

"Things Ain't Like They Used to Be" - Black Keys

Mad props to my lil' bro Death Cult Aaronmageddon for turning me on to the Black Keys. I usually bitch about how inane a lot of "modern" bands are. These guys are definitely old school, but have their own unique flavor. I can't listen too long though, the blue gets a bit heavy after a while.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #127
I, Vettezuki

"Going to California" - Led Zeppelin

Reminds me of my early teen years and first guitar playing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-22-2009, 02:50 AM   #128
Progeny of the Great Apocolypse

Wretch by Protest The Hero.... Pure awesomeness....
Old 01-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #129
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
Well, here's another one. I can only listen to this one on occasion, it has such a strong effect. I have an almost drug like response to music.

"Both Sides Now" - Joni Mitchell

This is the later version from the same titled album. Vince Mendoza did the arrangement. He's 2 x awesome.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #130
I, Vettezuki

- Japanese Traditinoal as performed by the Scorpions . . . live . . .in 1979

The best translation is "Moonlit Castle Ruins". It was my father-in-law's favorite melody. I couldn't find a great shakuhachi version on YT, so I went with Scorpions for fun.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 02-05-2009 at 01:04 PM.