Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: N/A vs. F/I for the C7 ZO6
Should be N/A. 5 62.50%
Shoud be F/I. 4 50.00%
Will be N/A. 3 37.50%
Will be F/I. 2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #11

Multiple forums, blogs and websites are reporting that the 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 will be packing 620 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque.

The information was apparently leaked through the meta data on Chevy's website. In sum, meta data is part of a website's code that Google reads to give you search results.

Someone apparently searched "2015 Corvette Z06 super car reveal" in Google, and the following showed up from in a statement from Chevy, according to Auto Evolution:

"With 620 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque, the 2015 Corvette Z06 is the most advanced Corvette ever made."

Thoughts? Leave a comment below, or send us a tweet to @PowerNationTV.

Also, you can watch your favorite automotive shows on Spike TV, CBS Sports and NBC Sports! Click the image below for a complete schedule of times!

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 01-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

If that's accurate, doubt they're doing that NA with 7L and meeting emissions, but maybe.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #13

Maybe that new 5.5L they've been working on with a supercharger or hopefully TT.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 01-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Maybe that new 5.5L they've been working on with a supercharger or hopefully TT.
No sweat. But I still th ink they're probably not going to do FI for the ZO6. That's my bet. Could be totally wrong of course.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #15
Graphics B*tch

620hp / 650ft/lb
http://blog.caranddriver.com/2015-ch...=1458_38726453

And this is be pretty awesome...
http://blog.caranddriver.com/corvett...=1458_38591833

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #16
Super Moderator

Thats too much power for a rich old guy who has always driven a new Lexus. People are going to die with these new race cars coming out of the factory. ...Especially when his son picks up the keys in ten years as a hand me down.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #17
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Thats too much power for a rich old guy who has always driven a new Lexus. People are going to die with these new race cars coming out of the factory. ...Especially when his son picks up the keys in ten years as a hand me down.
I think that there should be more levels of a license. Just like racing in order to drive in a certain class/series you need to get a license for that class/series. Cars should be broken up into power levels and you need to go through training for those levels to be able to drive certain cars. No 16 year old kid should be driving anything over a standard V6 (no power adders) unless it is a truck.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 01-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #18

The Z06 looks amazing.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrol...-ar160356.html

I've seen other pics as well.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:29 AM   #19
I, Vettezuki

enkeivette,

These aren't our C3s with 600+hp. Now those are (exciting!) death traps. These cars have crazy good traction and stability control, air bags, strong crash compartments, etc. And if you're that devoted to being an iditiot and catch the express ticket out of this realm, that just might be nature sorting itself out.

Leedom,

Why do you hate America so much?

Damian.

Yes. Fucking commies I hate them so much.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-12-2014, 02:40 AM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Imagine what the ZR1 is going to be. We are entering holy shit territory for upper middle class money. But they have to. The new Nismo GT-R is going to be from outer space (< 2 seconds to 60mph?!?!?) and others as well. I think we are getting to the peak of power and acceleration for anything vaguely reasonable on public roads. I think this is a good as two things are are going to start to happen now: 1- increased emphasis on driver experience 2- price down.

All hail even imperfect market economies. Let us bow our heads in a moment of reflection.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)