Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #21

I've only done 110 in the Typhoon and that was on the OC cruise. Torsion bars suck monkey balls.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 07-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #22

I thought I told this story...

2:30am, 210 freeway, way more than seven years ago. Weather was light, sparse rain but overall visibility was good.

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 with all the bells and whistles, coming on at Lone Hill, I look right and in the lane next to me is a couple of kids in their dads 3000GT VR4 (I stole mine all nice and legal like, some deadbeats buy the nicest cars.) are looking me over as we wait for the green arrow.

So up onto the freeway we go as the rain starts. 40, 50, 70, 90...

Neck and neck all the way to 145mph with the rain sheeting off the windshield and the useless wipers letting out a moan as they crossed the screen.

He blinked and backed off at 147, I didn't.

The car was as solid as a rock and probably would have kept accelerating but I passed some poor fool in something small and slow and nearly scared him into the center divider, snapped me back to my senses and off of the pedal.

Spent the rest of the night under 75, felt like I was going backwards.

Best freeway frolic was in a pair of 190 MBZ's coming up the 605 nose to tail with about eight inches between us at about 95mph. Middle of the night, clear sailing with no one around except some guy in the number two lane minding his own business doing the limit, probably drunk or at least half asleep out there at that time of the morning. As we came up on him in our lane, my partner went to the right, I went to the left and we passed him on either side at speed. Once we cleared the car I moved back into the number two lane in front while my buddy jumped back into the lane behind me.

So what home boy must have thought was one car came up at breakneck speed, split in two, passed him and reformed into one car and drove off into the night.
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 07-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #23

When we were racing pulling our boats up Cajon pass we passed a toyo truck with overhead camper and pulling a trailer - probably doing all of 20mph. He's probably still wondering what when by him on each side at the same time.

Rain story. I was driving a 1 ton survey truck northbound on Magnolia nearing Garden Grove blvd. Those who know the area know how it floods there now, well 30 years ago it was worse. So I'm passing cars using the flooded empty right lane throwing out a nice surfing wake and I see a small sports car without side windows, too late to slow down so I just kept going - felt sorry for the driver, probably still cussing me out. LOL
Old 07-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #24
Super Moderator

We doing scary stories now? SRT charger was egging me on for a while on the freeway. Didnt feel like risking getting caught to prove the Vette could beat a car with less hp, and sig more weight... but he wouldnt leave me alone mile after mile.

So I dropped it in third and tapped the throttle for him to start, and he went for it. The closed course freeway was curving a bit, so when I punched it my rear wheels broke free, and I slid into his lane a bit. Scared us both Im sure.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
We doing scary stories now? . .
I once rode in Ron's Cobra with him driving on go-kart track. I win.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #26
FWD = FAIL

The gps said 212 motorcycle (built turbo busa), car on the track has seen 150 on the street who really knows.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #27
FWD = FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I once rode in Ron's Cobra with him driving on go-kart track. I win.
Adam's in Riverside?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #28

You’re all under arrest…

Humiliating but what the hell. Track day at Auto Club Speedway. Damn I’m slow.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
The gps said 212 motorcycle (built turbo busa), car on the track has seen 150 on the street who really knows.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
You’re all under arrest…

Humiliating but what the hell. Track day at Auto Club Speedway. Damn I’m slow.
But you got documentation!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)