Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #111
Super Moderator

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381615211.054910.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381615221.107776.jpg
Old 10-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #112
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You have a Corvette with IRS and stiff front suspension. It was designed in the 70s to be Cobra competitive on a road course. Now you've set it up semi-Gymkhana. You want to drag race buy a drag car.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #113
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
You have a Corvette with IRS and stiff front suspension. It was designed in the 70s to be Cobra competitive on a road course. Now you've set it up semi-Gymkhana. You want to drag race buy a drag car.
The C3 suspension geometry all originates in the early 60s coming form the C2, from which there isn't a great deal of practical difference. It has a couple known non-trivial problems compared to modern suspensions. But yes, it is far closer to a Gymghana setup than a drag setup.

Carlos, my launch window is extremely narrow. I do have DRs but around 2,200 would be the best I could do, there's just not much weight transfer. Basically outside of getting somewhat lucky, it will either bog or spin, either of which means the best et/trap is already out the window. I think 1.9 60' is my best 60' ever. Usually it's like 2.1 AIR.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #114
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The C3 suspension geometry all originates in the early 60s coming form the C2, from which there isn't a great deal of practical difference. It has a couple known non-trivial problems compared to modern suspensions. But yes, it is far closer to a Gymghana setup than a drag setup.

Carlos, my launch window is extremely narrow. I do have DRs but around 2,200 would be the best I could do, there's just not much weight transfer. Basically outside of getting somewhat lucky, it will either bog or spin, either of which means the best et/trap is already out the window. I think 1.9 60' is my best 60' ever. Usually it's like 2.1 AIR.
I know, 63-82 is pretty much the same. Notice of errata - 60s
Old 10-13-2013, 04:27 AM   #115
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Damn. I'm considerably lighter, somewhat less powerful, but not a lot, but much slower. I wonder what the most important differences are. I think it's probably track>suspension>transmission>driver.

I put track number 1, because my 60' was a little better at Irwindale, but my 1/8 ET and trap were considerably higher.

Suspension next for planting and best 60'. Basically I have an ancient IRS and it's hard to boot. Ok for farting around, not so good for drag or best track performance (does weird shit under hard braking).

Transmission next as I'm undoubtedly losing more time between shifts, but not as much time as above factors.

Driver is not particularly relevant here as the car and everything else are so different. Maybe you or Ron could get an extra <=.2~ at Fontana based on way more experience, but I'd be surprised if it was much more than that.

Mustangs are better, duh. <------ (Because without that people might take it the wrong way.)
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #116
Super Moderator

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381677772.966752.jpg
Old 10-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #117

Default whats up from the East Coast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Mustangs are better, duh.
Now when you say "people" which of those without the amazing gift of discernment are you referencing?

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #118
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Now when you say "people" which of those without the amazing gift of discernment are you referencing?
People
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #119
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Poopietalk

Stopping the world!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #120

i went to the track rental at MIR.. i did about 14 runs with my 2012 Auto and was able to get about 5 to 6 runs in the 11.4's and the below was my best run at abotu lunch time heat.. the car weight was 3890 with 3/4 tank of gas in it..

i'm launching off a MSD 2 step box at about 3200rpm.

link to video below