Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-05-2013, 03:09 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Fastest Track Cars @ 4 Pricepoints

This is not scientific. Just an open question.

I was wondering what the the fastest available track cars would be for certain price ranges. Here are my parameters.

TRACK TYPE
Should pick an actual track, but imagine a largish track that mixes high speed and technical sections to even out handling, momentum, and raw power to weight.

PRICE RANGES
$50k-$100k
$25k-$50k
$10k-$25k
<$10k

FAST?
One fast lap. Other cars, series, etc., have no meaning. Time trial that's all. Just you and the car.

CAR
Track car only. Doesn't have to anything else. No restrictions on egines, chassis, just as to actually exist in reality. . now. Costs should be vaguelye related to what's accessible to anyone. That means paying for work. You can't imagine picking up a junker and pouring 10s of thousands into just parts. That's not typical.

DRIVER
You. The point isn't a 100% objective answer about a specific car combo. More interested in what people would choose, targeting an objective goal, and why.

How would you do it?

My off the cuff answers would probably be:
$50k-$100k:
? Maybe a Caterham, but I'm not sure

$25k-$50k:
C6Z51 based. Price is low enough now to leave room for substantial power, suspension and tire mods

$10k-$25k:
C5ZO6 based. Price is low enough and platform good enough for some mods to get pretty fast on a relative budget. (The Project 818 stands to be a spectacular performer in the this range, but it's not quite ready yet.)

<$10k:
Miata based. Not sure there even other good options below <$10k.

This is totally my bias and limited knowledge. If I wrote you a check for each of these ranges with the above goal of fast lap on said track, what would you do?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)