Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #41
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Here are some TTV12's also
Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #42

Send a message via AIM to Chate

as much as i LOVE the E55, Ben's right, it gets 14 mpg

i feel like i'm goign around in circles...335i is still the only compromise thats realistic, i just have to wait it out a bit for prices to drop another 3-4 grand and accept that run-flat tires are the wave of the future...
Old 09-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #43

mmmmm
Old 09-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #44

any real benefit (besides looks) of the 335i coupe over the sedan?
i see sedans running 12s no prob, plus they gain the middle back seat too and passenger entry/exit will be easier AND they're almost on average 3 grand cheaper (coincidentally the same price as the exhaust/intake/tune package from vishnu)
Old 09-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #45
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post
any real benefit (besides looks) of the 335i coupe over the sedan?
i see sedans running 12s no prob, plus they gain the middle back seat too and passenger entry/exit will be easier AND they're almost on average 3 grand cheaper (coincidentally the same price as the exhaust/intake/tune package from vishnu)
No, only benefit is looks. I think the coupe may weight slightly less, but the difference is small at best.

Last edited by SeanPlunk : 09-20-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #46

Woah... the E gets 14mpgs??? I average 18mpg on 50/50 street/freeway driving and i definitely dont drive easy. The comp shows I get 25mpg while going 80 on the freeway too...

I just dont see getting that low unless your on the floor with that supercharger whining away all the time
Old 09-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #47
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
Woah... the E gets 14mpgs??? I average 18mpg on 50/50 street/freeway driving and i definitely dont drive easy. The comp shows I get 25mpg while going 80 on the freeway too...

I just dont see getting that low unless your on the floor with that supercharger whining away all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
LOL...so true.

MPG is roughly 16/17 city and the best I've gotten on interstate travel is 24.1...and that was going 80+ most of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy1 View Post
It's a great DD. I put 20-25k per year on and have no complaints. It is very comfortable on long hauls as well, so long as it's only 2 of you. My wife and I took it to Key West (10hrs each way) and were very comfortable. We tried to throw our 2 young sons in for a 5hr trip and it was miserable. Hauling the kids around town is just fine and its OK with 4 guys going to lunch, but the 2 in back don't have much leg room.

As far as mileage, I drive mostly suburban with some highway and average 16-17 consistently. It will get low 20's with the cruise set at 80 on the interstate and will still get 16-18 running in the low triple digits. Average can easily drop to 10-12 if you're really on it in town.
Mileage looks okay, but not great
Old 06-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #48

BUMP

ok i'm back, school is over and rotations are about to start so i really am in need of a replacement now...

Looking for a daily driver, vette def has to go, i have her at 120K miles now and am looking for a bigger car with better mileage. I imagine i'll be keeping whatever i buy as my DD for a while, and as much as i'd like to keep 2 cars its just not affordable right now.

I'll be driving about 60miles to 100 miles a day for the next year, plus going to and from SD on weekends so i've been considering a hybrid. I dont think i want a used one, just because new car prices (specifically for prius) are only 2grand away from used within a year old or so.

So i'm looking at prius vs insight of course, anyone have either one or care to chime in? I like the prius because its a gadget and the electronics and unintended acceleration should partially make up for the loss in power with cool factor...the insight is significantly cheaper (almost 5k) and loses mpg by about 10 or so per epa...soooooo iono im gonna test drive both today
Old 06-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #49
Resident Avatar Gambler

Lease a 335d

295hp, 425ft/lb, runs low 14's and get's better than 30mpg.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #50

expect 20- 40 % less than EPA estimates !