Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #71

here's the mercedes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image001.jpg (20.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg image004.jpg (17.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #72
Graphics B*tch

I really have not said much on this thread but the definition of "sport" has gone way out of bounds in my opinion. I remember watching SportsCenter a while back and they were calling people who play video games athletes. This seams to be going down that same road. There is a difference between "sport" and competition. I think that in a sport you have to have some "athletic" ability (doing something physically extrenuos IMO, not sitting in a chair). If you do not you can call it a competition and that is fine. Beauty pageants are not a sport, they are a competition. Come on people if we were all special like seems to be the norm than nobody is special. Some are better than others, that is the way it is.

PS- this post was fueled by Capt. Morgan.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #73
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
I really have not said much on this thread but the definition of "sport" has gone way out of bounds in my opinion. I remember watching SportsCenter a while back and they were calling people who play video games athletes. This seams to be going down that same road. There is a difference between "sport" and competition. I think that in a sport you have to have some "athletic" ability (doing something physically extrenuos IMO, not sitting in a chair). If you do not you can call it a competition and that is fine. Beauty pageants are not a sport, they are a competition. Come on people if we were all special like seems to be the norm than nobody is special. Some are better than others, that is the way it is.

PS- this post was fueled by Capt. Morgan.
So you can't sit in a chair and be a part of sports?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
So you can't sit in a chair and be a part of sports?
Whoa whoa whoa Guy. Don't you dare insult every arm chair quarterback that decides a set of sweaty dudes in colorful tights is "their team!" You're gonna get about 90% of dudes angry. Of course they are involved, otherwise they wouldn't call the team theirs.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #75
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Whoa whoa whoa Guy. Don't you dare insult every arm chair quarterback that decides a set of sweaty dudes in colorful tights is "their team!" You're gonna get about 90% of dudes angry. Of course they are involved, otherwise they wouldn't call the team theirs.
My comment was directed at the special olympics, lots of competitors sitting in chairs there
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #76

LMAO. special Olympics....
Old 07-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #77
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Car shows do have "quantitative points of assessment" and not just the "Hellaflush" ones but the really really nice ones.

It is instantly hard to put a car back to stock 50 year on. It can take many years to make a car factory fresh. Same can be said for lowing a car, or changing the camber and what not.
Just because they don't race the car's doesn't mean they aren't part autosports.

Not putting time and money into that kind of stuff isn't my thing. But I do respect it as part of what we do.
Holy fuck I totally forgot about this hot mess. No, car shows do not have any quantitative points of assessment. Unless you're going to refer to a low rider car hopping cholo party. Car shows are all qualitative.

Stretched tires make you slower. Racer boy slams make you slower. You can put all the power mods and aero you want the fact is that the suspension and tires (arguably the most important parts) are based on fashion. It's the automotive equivalent of doing squats high heels.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter