Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Dodge Stealth - Request for Information

I could go hunting the web for this, but probably someone here already knows all about it.

What were the engine options across the years? Were any of them using a Mitsubishi Turbo Motor?

Didn't one of the models have a special transmission, like a pretty legit race style sequential manual?

What's their stock weight, and typical potential low weight?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Internet Tough Guy

They were all Mistubishi motors. It was a rebadges 3000GT. Your looking at a 3800lb car. It's drivetrain was definately not bullet proof. Basicly a tranverslymonted v6 twin turbo. Engine packaging was tight also which made getting power out of them alot harder (ala 300zx). With that said with enough time and money anything is possible. There is a guy in Tucson that is deep in the 9's with no nitrous. He was running high 11's when I was in college back in 2002. Are you thinking about pulling the trigger? I htink an EVO or STI will get you more bang for the buck. Finally there are some strong 3000gt out there, but not on pump gas.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
They were all Mistubishi motors. It was a rebadges 3000GT. Your looking at a 3800lb car. It's drivetrain was definately not bullet proof. Basicly a tranverslymonted v6 twin turbo. Engine packaging was tight also which made getting power out of them alot harder (ala 300zx). With that said with enough time and money anything is possible. There is a guy in Tucson that is deep in the 9's with no nitrous. He was running high 11's when I was in college back in 2002. Are you thinking about pulling the trigger? I htink an EVO or STI will get you more bang for the buck. Finally there are some strong 3000gt out there, but not on pump gas.
It was more of a curiosity than anything. I thought they had a model (Dodge only) that had a trick transmission. Also, transversely mounted? I thought they were RWD.

I'm curious to know a lot more of the details about your powerplant, what you did and why you did it. Maybe when you get a chance you can post a thread in the engine building. I'm LS1 based. If I were to up the power, I don't know if I'd want keep on with the Hi Comp NA route or go boost. . . They both have their appeals.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
Super Moderator

You can get a 4cyl FWD version or a V6TT AWD version. I would go with the latter. I've heard a roomer that they have all wheel steering, not sure if I believe that. And I'm pretty sure that it's a Mitsubishi motor. The AWD 3000GT has the VR4 badge, not sure of the name of the AWD Stealh submodel.