Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
pain's fun, hit me again

Default Yates Performance/Blue Oval Industries Buyer Beware

Purchased a "New" FRPP Crankshaft through ebay from Yates performance. After receiving a suspect box from them I decided to send them an email. I'm going to try and keep this un-biased and will let what happened do the talking.
First Email.
Quote:
I recently placed an order with you and received it today. When the box arrived it was completely trashed, almost no packing to speak of and many spots the journals have broken through the exterior, there is also rust on the #1 main journal, I'm not pleased with the way this was packed and shipped, there was also no bracing on the ends of the box to protect the snout and aft of the crank. It's at the machine shop currently being checked to ensure it wasn't damaged or bent. I Don not like that I have to send my brand new crank off for additional inspection because of improper packing.
His response
Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks so much for contacting us about this; I'm awfully sorry to hear about the condition it arrived in. We ship all of our parts insured for damage incurred by our carriers; we can start a claim on this crankshaft if you feel it should be filed.

I cannot predict which packages will be neglected during shipping. We do our best to ship our parts as quickly and safely as possible. With brand name parts like this FRPP crankshaft we are stuck in a Catch 22 because some customers don't want the manufacturer's seal broken. Let me know what you find out about the crankshaft and what you'd like to do!
I've bolded a portion that shows the dishonesty right off the bat. Follow and you will inderstand.

My response
Quote:
I've spoken to UPS already, If it is damaged they will not cover it because it was poorly packaged. Catch 22 or not this box was opened, and previous damage to the box was covered with tape, there is even piece of a return label to another person under the top flap, it's missing staples on the top of the box and a huge portion of the surface layer was torn off, I do not understand you could think this was an unopened box. It's very obvious. I don't appreciate being lied to, I also don't appreciate having to pay another shop to inspect a crank that should never have been received this way, I've bought dozens of cranks from eagle/scat/rpm and this box had none of the packing aspects they ship them with.
His
Quote:
If an item is damaged in transit and it's caught, UPS will repackage as best they can and replace whatever shipping labels they can. It sounds like you've already decided blame regardless of what I have to say.
My Response
Quote:
This was not an in-transit box repair. I have had a UPS account for nearly 20 years and I know a rebox when I see it. This had a shipping tag on another flap of the box, and had a tag inside with a piece of wire tie on it with a matching name to the shipping tag. Trying to tell me that it was damaged and/or never opened does not make me happy. I'm under the impression that this crank is not new, rather one that was returned from another customer, the rust, box condition, and everything else leads me to believe this. It also looks like the crank had a portion of it drilled, which is not indicative of new cranks I've purchased in the past. You've done nothing to apologize, nor offer a way to rectify the issue at all, since I'm already far delayed on this I would like another crank and I will not be sending this one back until I receive an appropriate new replacement.
His response
Quote:
I'm not trying to argue, I'm trying to help but we are not discussing a solution we are discussing your opinion of the situation. You are free to return the item for a full refund if you are dissatisfied. Other than that I can't make more exceptions and send out free replacement parts when the original will likely never be returned.

It's not your job or mine to determine what happened in shipping. If you spoke to UPS they would understand what you're saying but still file the claim to determine what happened. I'd apologize if I knew what was going on and it turned out to be a mistake on our end but we can't seem to get beyond disagreeing on policy and terms.
Me
Quote:
This crank has been opened before, this crank has been returned to you, this box was repaired before it was sent to me after being returned. I have proof of this, many photos in fact. I called eagle and confirmed how they packaged it and their packing products were not in the box. I will not spend money to ship an item back, i've already lost money. I have no demonstrated dishonesty here, you have. Send me a NEW crank, unopened seal, and I will return this one at my cost. You can use whatever phrasing you want as to why you won't send me another but at this point I feel as I'm the one who will not receive another crank. I didn't ask for a reimbursement for money lost, all I want is the appropriate crank that I paid for. This crank is OBVIOUSLY not new and there is no way it could not have been known before it was shipped. This is your last chance to make the situation right.
His Response
Quote:
You have pictures but wouldn't provide them? This just goes to show that you're interested in the principle of being right, not getting the correct part. Return the item for a full refund and I'd be happy to reimburse your return shipping cost if you include a receipt. Shipping it back USPS will have the cost included on the label. I can only reimburse ground/standard shipping.

You may threaten and warn me as you like, but I will tell you taking this to eBay or PayPal because we won't send out free replacement parts will result in you paying return shipping at the minimum. Again, your opinion does not entitle you to extraneous services and free parts.
My final email before he stopped responding
Quote:
I had a feeling you would go that route, so I have uploaded the photos to my photobucket account. I will not pay any more out of my own pocket. I paid for something and didn't receive it, and my time was wasted because of KNOWN quality of the part at shipping. Deny all you want that it was new and unopened but this is not the case and it is impossible for it not to be known and i'll be damned if I am out any more time or money. All i'm asking is for a new part, with a return label for the old one, You're right, it's an opinion, weighed heavily by facts of what I received and still have in my possession. Here are your photos,
(photo bucket links)
I have more i'll be glad to send to you, paypal, ebay and visa since i'm approaching my character limit.
Here are the photos I have taken

Obvious removal of cover label

Portion of a previous shipping label

Damage from no packing

Tag found in the box under the crank that matches the portion of the shipping label

Numerous tears in the bag

Damage to box that was taped over prior to shipping

Needless to say i'm not happy that he shipped me a used crank and tried to place blame on UPS, and won't send me another. I have called VISA and they have sided with me an credited my money. All I want is the crank I paid for, send me another or pay for the return shipping and give me a refund since he was obviously deceptive from the get go.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #2

Wait wait wait what does blue oval have to do with this?

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #3

That sucks.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 08-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Wait wait wait what does blue oval have to do with this?
Same owner/company
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #5

Blue oval smokes cock. I've had product disputes with them before.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #6

If they where willing to reimburse you shipping they should of let you use there UPS account to ship it back. It looks like your in a shitty spot.

What did Visa tell you to do with the crank?
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
If they where willing to reimburse you shipping they should of let you use there UPS account to ship it back. It looks like your in a shitty spot.

What did Visa tell you to do with the crank?
He apparently doesn't have a UPS account, no account number on the shipping tag. He also wants me to ship it back USPS, likely cause of the flat rate shipping and no insurance and probably shipped me a returned crank in the condition for UPS to eat the bullet on, speculation of course.

At first VISA didn't want to file a claim until I told them I bought new and received used and I have to pay out of pocket to ship it back. After speaking with a manager and explaining the whole situation they finally agreed, however I still might get denied cause I still have it. His claims to reimburse my shipping costs after its been received has no weight since he has lied every chance he gets.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87LX View Post
Blue oval smokes cock. I've had product disputes with them before.
This is what I was going to say. Now that I know it's them, stick it to them. Hard.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
He apparently doesn't have a UPS account, no account number on the shipping tag. He also wants me to ship it back USPS, likely cause of the flat rate shipping and no insurance and probably shipped me a returned crank in the condition for UPS to eat the bullet on, speculation of course.

At first VISA didn't want to file a claim until I told them I bought new and received used and I have to pay out of pocket to ship it back. After speaking with a manager and explaining the whole situation they finally agreed, however I still might get denied cause I still have it. His claims to reimburse my shipping costs after its been received has no weight since he has lied every chance he gets.
Visa should cover it, They may ask you to return the crank, or have the shipper send a box with postage paid if he wants the crank back. But ya fuck him!
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 08-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Visa should cover it, They may ask you to return the crank, or have the shipper send a box with postage paid if he wants the crank back. But ya fuck him!
I want to return the crank, I however will not be spending the $115 it costs to do so out of my own pocket.

Stopping the world!