Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #81
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
With the intention of breaking things? That's like saying, "I love coming to a stop and shitting away money and time."
Hope for the best, plan for the worst. If I expect it to break it doesn't if I don't expect it to, it does.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #82
I, Vettezuki

I'm pretty sure inanimate objects are not responding to your expectations just to fuck with you, but I could be wrong I guess.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #83
pain's fun, hit me again

No they are, I think I might be irrefutable proof.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Because the old slow driving men buy them because they are the best, not because they intend to use them.

Its like someone who buys a 32 gig phone who has 7 songs on their iTunes. They have the money so they want the best, even though theyll never push its capability. But if it wasnt the best, they wouldnt buy it.

GM doesnt give a flying fuck how the cars will be driven, they care about the reviews it will get, so they can sell more of them.
This has been repeated in this thread and is certainly the consensus. I can't say I disagree. BUT, and big but, that doesn't negate my question. Old men also buy Cadillacs in droves. Why? Comfort and luxury flat out. Same engine as the beloved vette on occasion. Now before you think I've answered my own question I have not. The caddy will never compete. Their entire lineup (save for the most recent 2 seat V) so why not improve where you ALWAYS have gotten bad reviews?

Those old guys going to show up to a Chevrolet lot and bitch about how the newest generation is leaps and bounds nicer inside? Will they whine about a 5% improvement? Only if the current car is slower than the previous. The stiffer chassis alone was enough. Or they're efficient engine. So do one, not the other and improve the interior to even Cadillac engineering quality.

Oh well, I will never buy one. As a marketing guy/business development it's easy for me to arm chair quarterback but at least I admit it isn't for me to convince myself to buy or not to buy one. I don't even begin to like them.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #85
I, Vettezuki

Because GM also has Cadillac to cover that slightly different preference. I have lot's of criticism for GM in total operations, particularly with labor relations and associations with government. However, in basic product development and especially the Vette, it has almost always been a pretty tightly run ship that has produced. They know they customer and sell year in year out. They also know this is changing as is evidenced by design changes, interior improvements in the C7, and for the first time ever, a right hand drive model for some export markets. As far as I can tell, they're doing just about perfect for their franchise.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #86
Super Moderator

Your assumption is whats confusing you, why would all old men want Cadillacs? They wouldn't... they don't.

PS, I dont understand how you 'dont even begin to like Corvettes.' I'd never waste money on a Bugatti or a 6.3 AMG but shit... I recognize their badassness.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #87

Quote:
Your assumption is whats confusing you, why would all old men want Cadillacs? They wouldn't... they don't.

PS, I dont understand how you 'dont even begin to like Corvettes.' I'd never waste money on a Bugatti or a 6.3 AMG but shit... I recognize their badassness.
Never once said all. I was covering the other spectrum of popular geriatric gm mobiles.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #88
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Never once said all. I was covering the other spectrum of popular geriatric gm mobiles.
You were talking about the C7. I dont care if youre a Ford guy, a Honda guy, or a Schwinn guy... the C7 is gonna be a bad mother fucker. Straight line capability alone its worthy of respect from all.

I mean... I understand not liking a super car for one reason or another. But completely?? Like I always make fun of the NSX for being the slowest super car money can buy. But all bullshit aside I still like SOME things about that car. 300 hp and a rear engine is no joke.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #89

Quote:
You were talking about the C7. I dont care if youre a Ford guy, a Honda guy, or a Schwinn guy... the C7 is gonna be a bad mother fucker. Straight line capability alone its worthy of respect from all.

I mean... I understand not liking a super car for one reason or another. But completely?? Like I always make fun of the NSX for being the slowest super car money can buy. But all bullshit aside I still like SOME things about that car. 300 hp and a rear engine is no joke.
Ahhhh, I see where you are confused. I detest the styling and typical American lack of luxury (see:MY OPINION) but that doesn't mean I called it a slouch. I can scoot my ass to 190 mph with the same g force in a Honda should I so choose so performance is never the single buying criteria to me. I've gotta like the way it looks, and I just don't.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #90

Agreed Justin, I wouldn't own a Corvette for the same reason I wouldn't wear the following:

While I agree that Corvette's perform very well for their price point, they're marketed such that they appeal to older men with a desire to look and feel young. I am young, so I don't need to feel young and a synthetic "look at me mobile" would never be something I'd be interested in regardless of my age.

For the kind of money it costs to buy a Vette, I'd buy a Mustang GT for fun and a nice used DD, or something German that I'd drive year round and would also perform well while being very comfortable with excellent build quality and ergonomics. Again, this is just my opinion.

EDIT: I just came up with the perfect metaphor for how I see the Vette. Spandex bicycle outfit = Corvette. The spandex shit makes you more aerodynamic on a bike and likely improves your performance, similar to how a Corvette performs well for what it is. However just like the Corvette, you look like a complete fucking idiot wearing it.

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico blues, MM LCA's, MM FLSFC's, MAC UDP's, MAC o/r h-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

1995 Chrysler New Yorker - DD

2006 Charger R/T - Wife's DD