Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #1001
I, Vettezuki

enkei is fix'n to send a nice letter to these lovely folks. Can't wait to see their response. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
No just a spare everything else.
Never replaced a thing because it broke.... Only made it faster cause I was VERY worried I might run into an Ls based Obummermobile and lose.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #1003
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Never replaced a thing because it broke.... Only made it faster cause I was VERY worried I might run into an Ls based Obummermobile and lose.
You should be. Those commie bastards build hella good engines.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You should be. Those commie bastards build hella good engines.
HAHAHA

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #1005

So I happened to be watching the Alabama/Notre Dame game the other night with my brothers, and Brent Musburger (one of the commentators for ESPN) made some comments about the girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron. None of it was bad or offensive he basically said that if you want to have a lovely girlfriend, become a quarterback for the Alabama Crimson Tide. He went on to say how beautiful she was and that was the end of it.

Now ESPN has apologized for his comments saying they went "too far". OK, so let me get this straight, it is now considered "offensive" by the emotional left to call a woman beautiful. Perhaps nail salons, hair salons, and clothing stores should all be shut down too and instead we'll ask that women only walk around wearing a fucking black sheet for fear that someone may compliment a woman based on her looks.

This society is fucked, and I fear what my kids will be dealing with as they age. Oh, and here's AJ McCarron's girlfriend Katherine Webb (she was also Ms. Alabama)...

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico blues, MM LCA's, MM FLSFC's, MAC UDP's, MAC o/r h-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

1995 Chrysler New Yorker - DD

2006 Charger R/T - Wife's DD
Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #1006
pain's fun, hit me again

Sadly they apologized because they got enough complaints to warrant it, my gawd who would have thought that commenting on a beauty pageant contestant as being beautiful. Absurd.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Sadly they apologized because they got enough complaints to warrant it, my gawd who would have thought that commenting on a beauty pageant contestant as being beautiful. Absurd.
That's what I'm sayin man. It's pathetic that we as a society continue to pander to the complaints of the weak minded minority. ESPN should have just said piss off to all the complaining idiots who had a problem with Musburger's comments. It was probably a bunch of ugly ass feminists who are just jelly they don't get any attention because they don't bother to get their hair done, are overweight, and haven't purchased make-up ever in their lives.

It's like we men are somehow supposed to feel bad about our human nature. As a man it's literally impossible not to look at an attractive girl... it'd be no different than a starving human having the desire to look at a plate of food. I can understand not wanting men to be staring for an absurd amount of time or making disparaging remarks about another woman, but calling a woman beautiful and having a camera focus on her seems to be NBD to me. Especially considering this same woman (who was wearing a t-shirt during the game) has pictures of herself in a bikini all over the internet.

/rant

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico blues, MM LCA's, MM FLSFC's, MAC UDP's, MAC o/r h-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #1008
I, Vettezuki

The argument from the left really isn't so much just about the comment on her appearance but the idea that a woman's value derives from attachment to a successful man rather than from herself and secondly that her value in this equation is something of random and fleeting nature; superficial features rather than some skills or knowledge perhaps. I think they get too wound up about passing comments on appearance, but you might be missing their deeper concern/argument.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The argument from the left really isn't so much just about the comment on her appearance but the idea that a woman's value derives from attachment to a successful man rather than from herself and secondly that her value in this equation is something of random and fleeting nature; superficial features rather than some skills or knowledge perhaps. I think they get too wound up about passing comments on appearance, but you might be missing their deeper concern/argument.
Nope I get it, the problem is their opinion on the subject contradicts reality and is dishonest. Generally speaking women are attracted to wealthy and powerful men, and men are attracted to beautiful women. This fact alone is why we see so many news stories about an older CEO/politician/athlete cheating on his wife with a young attractive woman. Why? Because if we're honest about male/female human nature, we realize that wealthy powerful men in the presence of attractive younger women is a dangerous combination.

Now what you said about her having value due to her attachment to the Alabama QB, this is also a dishonest assessment of the comments made by the ESPN commentator. He praised her for her beauty AND made a joke that being a quarterback at a school like Alabama likely ensures you'll have no trouble finding an attractive girlfriend. Once again, if we apply the facts about male/female human nature what he said isn't at all disrespectful/dishonest.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Seaport village is a fun spot. Assagios has the best deep dish pizza i've ever had. Being you're close to chicago I'm not sure you'll feel the same but still very good. Bellmont park is a fun free entry amusement park that has one of the oldest roller coasters in the country.

My ex-girlfriend and her family stayed at the Dana and loved it. Gaslamp district is definitely worth a trip, plenty of clubs, bars, restaurants there that adult oriented.

Text me your exact day and i'll see if I can make it down for some night time fun.
Thanks again for the tips Guy. We loved the Dana and Bellmont Park was great. We didn't actually venture into the park much and instead I took my 3 year old to see the ocean there on Mission Beach (awesome beach BTW).

We did go down to the Gaslamp district a few times and had some great food. There's a new place there called Barley Mash and the food was incredible, and it was fun to sample some local craft brews in there.

Other than that, we toured the USS Midway (awesome), we went to the SD Zoo (dumb as f**k on account of too many people... took us an hour to get into the zoo), Del Coronado was cool to see, and we checked out the Cabrillo monument. Finally, we ventured up to Carlsbad and took the kids to Legoland which was great.

All in all it was a good time hanging out with my family. I'd definitely go again and I really wish I lived in SD after spending some time there. It's so damn nice there compared to the shitty state of hockey.