Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #101

I wont paint it for awhile. I want to put a cowl hood on it, maybe, then paint it. I kinda want to mold the widebody parts to the actually body for a cleaner look.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 02-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #102

I finally pulled the head off of the Typhoon and found I did the same thing to this that I did to my Eclipse, I broke a piston. Like the Eclipse, the missing piece is long gone and made no damage to anything. So I got a used piston with rings for $40 shipped. Now Im waitng for a vendor on the Typhoon boards to get me a price on all the gaskets I need. So those new pistons I bought are just going to be put on hold for awhile, until my motor blows up again. Which knowing my luck, isnt too far down the road. As long as its after the wife goes back to work, thats fine with me.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 02-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #103
pain's fun, hit me again

Call Ed's for a price on the parts...
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #104

Im gonna have to, none of the Typhoon vendors are responding to me. If I dont get anything by the end of tomorrow, Ill call them Wednesday.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #105

Guy, I got all the gaskets from them but the plenum gasket, which no one has, not even the dealership. Ended up cutting out my own, mad tight custom yo!!! It's not perfect, but will definitely work. Got my new/used piston in today, thing looks brand new actually. Now I'm just waiting for my head gasket to come in and I need new radiator hoses. If I don't get anything from summitracing about my head gasket tomorrow morning, I'll just pick one up from Ed's when I pick up my other gaskets tomorrow. I might actually get this thing running this weekend.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #106
pain's fun, hit me again

Ed's is the shit.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #107

Fuck, I forgot I broke the EGR valve and I haven't ordered one yet. Hopefully Ed's has one or can get one quick.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #108
pain's fun, hit me again

Most parts are within the hour, if you call before 9 they can have it by 11:30, so on and so forth.

Stopping the world!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #109

This truck is giving me a headache. I have to drop the front axle to get the oil pan off. I have one bolt that is just killing me right now. The nut is inside the frame and I can't hold the wrench and turn the ratchet at the same time.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #110

The axle is not easy to pull out at all, I have to disassemble half of the front end to get it out. I should have the motor pulled out tomorrow and I'll be replacing both head gaskets. I might just have the block bored out for the new pistons since I have it out already.