Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #51
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Your exploder would kill my truck in any kind of trail or anything other than towing. That's not what I was saying at all. Just a joke because Adam said he would do my suspension.
What, you don't think my 160hp V6 can out tow your Duramax?

I was just trying to make the point that yes, you can build a truck that will work better than a Raptor but you can't buy a new truck from a dealer that can. It's in a league all it's own.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #52
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I was just trying to make the point that yes, you can build a truck that will work better than a Raptor but you can't buy a new truck from a dealer that can. It's in a league all it's own.
Agree!

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #53
Super Moderator

So... it wasn't really even a Raptor then? It was a prototype with upgraded suspension? How is that better?

Still disagree, 4wd comes down on the front hard. I'd rather take the jumps in a 2wd F150 knowing that if I hit enough air, I'm not going to come down on the front and endo. You don't jump a FRONT engine 4wd truck.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #54
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
So... it wasn't really even a Raptor then? It was a prototype with upgraded suspension? How is that better?

Still disagree, 4wd comes down on the front hard. I'd rather take the jumps in a 2wd F150 knowing that if I hit enough air, I'm not going to come down on the front and endo. You don't jump a FRONT engine 4wd truck.
It was a raptor, a prototype truck with then still prototype suspension. Ford tested that truck as hard as they could before its release, saying the truck is garbage cause it broke while having experimental suspension is hardly fair. It coudnt have been too bad if they still came in third. And im sure ford has fixed the issue so that whatever broke wont on the production models. So again i say, impressive.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #55
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Hahahahaha, did anyone actually read that article?! They're not using the stock suspension! And part of the suspension broke anyways!!! So... what's so great about this? I can drive my Jeep through a pro race and break shit too.

“...but we’re running a stock car... with a spring and damper kit

"The shock mount broke due to the oversized struts that the Ford Raptor team are using, and Darren says the team has reinforced those now to cope with the extra load."
Fine, then you can throw and new shocks and coils on any other stock truck and it still would not touch the Raptor because you would really not get and more travel out of it since you are still using the stock A arms. Breaking shit is part of racing. Trophy trucks break too but I would not compare it to your Jeep.

I did not start this thread to say any other manufacturer sucks. That is not my style. I started it to say that no other manufacturer has a truck that comes even close to what this truck can do off-road.

The article I posted was from 2010/2011 so I do not see how it is a prototype.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 01-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #56
Super Moderator

I didn't say it was a prototype, that was Shaolin Crane. I was just saying it's not stock because it does have aftermarket suspension apparently.

So... now we're talking about the suspension geometry? That didn't seem to be a fair argument when Chuck wanted to add suspension to his truck to compare. ...I think we're rapping up here.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #57
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
I didn't say it was a prototype, that was Shaolin Crane. I was just saying it's not stock because it does have aftermarket suspension apparently.

So... now we're talking about the suspension geometry? That didn't seem to be a fair argument when Chuck wanted to add suspension to his truck to compare. ...I think we're rapping up here.
How could it be aftermarket if the truck was still in the design phase? It may have been an aftermarket product then to test for failures, or to improve the factory design, never less its standard now, its not aftermarket suspension if it comes standard

http://www.trucktrend.com/multimedia.../photo_01.html
Old 01-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #58
I, Vettezuki

I'm all for bloodsport, but the conclusions seem to be:

1 - Raptor kicks ass in several categories stock
2 - Raptor apparently at least meeting sales expectations (market demands)
2 - Nothing like it from any competitor
3 - You could outdo any one performance category, e.g., desert racer, by starting with another platform and spending roughly equivalent money

I think we'd all agree with all these points. Where we disagree is the "why would you by that when. . . ." That's a fun conversation, but completely pointless. You cannot make interpersonal comparisons of utility . . cuz were different persons. Well, you can, there's just no basis for resolving them, hence the round and round.

With that. Please continue.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #59
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
How could it be aftermarket if the truck was still in the design phase? It may have been an aftermarket product then to test for failures, or to improve the factory design, never less its standard now, its not aftermarket suspension if it comes standard

http://www.trucktrend.com/multimedia.../photo_01.html
That suspension actually does look really sweet. What you're saying seems to be just a justification of what you wish to be true without evidence to point to.

The fact remains, the article said a Raptor with a spring and damper kit and a roll cage. Obviously a roll cage is not standard, so it's an appropriate inference that the purpose of that sentence was to list things not standard on the truck.

If you disagree, quote something to counter it like I did.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #60
Super Moderator

Nice conclusion Ben. You forgot to add how... you suck! :P