Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #41

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711

Thank you Alexis, Sean & Adam. No codes as of yet and I zip tied just about all the vacuum lines yesterday in the blistering hot sun. It drives great, afraid to really boost it up took it to 13 ish # very slowly since the scan tool I have updates rediculously slow. No knock and felt very solid, going to wait til I have a good scan tool in there to really see where it is at. I still have little bits and pieces to throw on it...really looking forward to see what it'll do all tuned up and ready to go. Thanks for the support from everyone..

Brian
Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #42
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
Thank you Alexis, Sean & Adam. No codes as of yet and I zip tied just about all the vacuum lines yesterday in the blistering hot sun. It drives great, afraid to really boost it up took it to 13 ish # very slowly since the scan tool I have updates rediculously slow. No knock and felt very solid, going to wait til I have a good scan tool in there to really see where it is at. I still have little bits and pieces to throw on it...really looking forward to see what it'll do all tuned up and ready to go. Thanks for the support from everyone..

Brian

Great. So Irwindale this Thursday?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #43

Send a message via AIM to vonage6591

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post

Brian
So after all that did you end up doing rings? I don't exactly know what you mean by a "freshened motor"?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #44

no rings, everything looked fine on the cylinder walls so Neal has definitely put me at ease on that. We checked the specs on the crank and they are all within spec, and the cam is perfectly fine all the lifters look shiney and new. It has a new: rear main seal, cam bearings, main bearings, oil pump, oil pan gasket, head gaskets, head bolts, water pump, front cover gasket, intake gasket. That's aboout it. Also put in an improved 2800 torque converter and the transmission is rebuilt with shift kit modifications. So there it is, I am going to go lay down now as I am deathly ill and have been puking my brains out all night...fun. I want to go to irwindale but A I'm sick and B I can't get off work in June I am 100% down to do it if you come with me B. Again thank you for everything, B for letting me borrow your truck and everyone who's been supportive I can't wait to make a pass!

Brian
Old 06-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #45
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Brian finally got his alcohol working. It turns out one of the grounds wasn't grounded Now that it's fixed, Vettezuki says it pulls like a raped ape
Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #46

"grounds wasn't connected"..."me fail english that umpossible". Haha, yeah it runs great except it knocks in 3rd. WTF? I'm going to pull timing and fuel and run more alocohol try n up the octane and see what that does. I gotta mess with the tune in 1st n 2nd too....Its going to be a long day.

Brian