Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #1

Default Hello

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm on several boards (Corvetteforum, ls1tech, racefwd) and I saw the post for the dyno day. Seems like a pretty cool site here!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2osage View Post
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm on several boards (Corvetteforum, ls1tech, racefwd) and I saw the post for the dyno day. Seems like a pretty cool site here!
Thanks, good to have you aboard. So, tell us what's done to your Vette
Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #3

The motor itself is bone stock. I hope to try and put in a new one, lower compression and forged in a few months. But, it does have some boost via a APS TT kit.

Other than that, I keep it pretty low key (well, as low key as a Torch Red ZO6 is going to be).
Old 02-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
The motor itself is bone stock. I hope to try and put in a new one, lower compression and forged in a few months. But, it does have some boost via a APS TT kit.

Other than that, I keep it pretty low key (well, as low key as a Torch Red ZO6 is going to be).
LOL, Z06's are subtle

How must boost are you running currently?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #5

What I mean by low key is that I want this car to look stock. This is my 2nd ZO6 and my last one was all murdered out. With this one, it's still on the stock rims doesn't look really modified.

Right now I'm running about 7 lbs of boost. 7-8 lbs of boost on the high compression LS6 motor is about as good as you're going to get on pump gas without pulling all the timing out of it.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
What I mean by low key is that I want this car to look stock. This is my 2nd ZO6 and my last one was all murdered out. With this one, it's still on the stock rims doesn't look really modified.

Right now I'm running about 7 lbs of boost. 7-8 lbs of boost on the high compression LS6 motor is about as good as you're going to get on pump gas without pulling all the timing out of it.
When you build the motor, do you know how big you're going to go? Are you going to do like a low compression 408 or 422 with boost or something crazy like that
Old 02-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #7

No, I actually intend to stay with the stock displacement. I'm not going to go crazy with the power (so there's no point to spend the extra cash) and if I did do a stroker motor, it'd have to be an iron block which is just heavier. All I'm going to do is put in a lower compression, stock displacement forged motor w/ a mild cam. Add a little boost to compensate and call it a day.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
No, I actually intend to stay with the stock displacement. I'm not going to go crazy with the power (so there's no point to spend the extra cash) and if I did do a stroker motor, it'd have to be an iron block which is just heavier. All I'm going to do is put in a lower compression, stock displacement forged motor w/ a mild cam. Add a little boost to compensate and call it a day.
I have similar intentions with the Cobra. I really want it to be a good powerful street car more than anything else. Someday I'll do a Whipple and probably stop at that point. I think 560ish RWHP should be enough.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #9

It sounds like we're along the same lines. The main thing is that I still want the car to be a pump gas car and that's really the limiting factor. It's cool how easy it is to modify the Cobra's too. I was actually in the market for one when I came across my first Vette. It was too good of a deal to pass up and that's what got me started on the ZO6's. I'll never win any major dyno day shoot-outs but the vette is so light it really moves.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
It sounds like we're along the same lines. The main thing is that I still want the car to be a pump gas car and that's really the limiting factor. It's cool how easy it is to modify the Cobra's too. I was actually in the market for one when I came across my first Vette. It was too good of a deal to pass up and that's what got me started on the ZO6's. I'll never win any major dyno day shoot-outs but the vette is so light it really moves.
I totally understand. My rules are that it has to run on pump gas and pass smog. A C5 Z06 would have been high on my list if I was in the market for a 2 seater.