Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default ALMS at Laguna Seca - Last Lap

What does everyone think of what the Porsche did. Legit, or a dick move?

Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
Internet Tough Guy

Dick move big time. This is worst than NASCAR. I was very disappointed that they allowed him to keep the win.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Dick move big time. This is worst than NASCAR. I was very disappointed that they allowed him to keep the win.
I agree. Bumping is one thing, but driving someone into a wall is just not very sporting in my mind.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

That's horseshit. If I were in the crew and somebody drove my guy into a wall that driver may have a hard time getting out of the car. I'm all for intense wheel to wheel driving, that was uncalled for. Moreover, I CAN'T believe he wasn't severely reprimanded. That's just physical assault.

Remember when this was scandalous driving.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #5

Driving someone into the wall with the intent to do harm is wrong. I think the drive should not get the win and have his license suspended. Bumping happens in racing, but this intentionally putting someone into the wall is uncalled for. I had a person cut me off to the point that he hit my driver's front fender with his passenger rear fender. I could have easily pitted the guy.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 10-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
Driving someone into the wall with the intent to do harm is wrong. I think the drive should not get the win and have his license suspended. Bumping happens in racing, but this intentionally putting someone into the wall is uncalled for. I had a person cut me off to the point that he hit my driver's front fender with his passenger rear fender. I could have easily pitted the guy.

Bob
I agree. At a minimum I think he should have been stripped of the win.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
Neanderthal

Back in the 70s (yea how about that) we would road race for money---it was the basic if you can pass me you win kind of thing. During that period of time I learned just about every dirty trick there was to NOT allow a car to pass you. Never would I have EVER put someone into a mountain or fence. I would do everything else though.

You should see Darlene's face when I use some of these "tricks" on people that have pissed me off.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #8
Internet Tough Guy

My fellow American V8 brothers, it pains me to say this, but after looking at more of the footage from Laguna Seca I am siding with the Porsche. With the amount of contact throughout the race that the factory Corvette team had with everyone I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier.

I'm going to hide in my closet an weep myself quitely to sleep.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
My fellow American V8 brothers, it pains me to say this, but after looking at more of the footage from Laguna Seca I am siding with the Porsche. With the amount of contact throughout the race that the factory Corvette team had with everyone I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier.

I can't believe what I'm hearing
Old 10-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:

I did not see the race. Are you saying they were bumping and grinding (either sloppy or intentionally intimidating) the other teams through the race and were just reaping what they sowed?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)