Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
was coming up on an STi in the ditch, better than down the cliff,
Do you remember what color it was, someone asked me,
Thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisa View Post
Hey guys, I just registered to let ya know we made it out ok. Just had to wait for the RX7 FC to cool down and we were back on track.
I took some footage from the first 20mins out and will be back to post once I upload it.
Thanks again for coming back to make sure everything was ok.

Fisa
Was wondering where you went when you disappeared from my rearview in the beginning. Glad to hear it worked itself out!

Overall, awesome cruise - no u-turns this time!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by rornelas View Post
Did anyone have a problem with the white hatchback civic?
nope, that civic was surprisingly fast. I was driving behind him on the 2nd half.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:10 AM   #104

I have to bring my car to the dealer to have the car checked out i ran over a nice sized rock and it broke some things underneath. Hopefully it's just the plastic undertray
Old 06-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark99 View Post
Do you remember what color it was, someone asked me,
Thanks

Why, blue, of course...

For the radio guys, they just don't work, that's why there is a somewhat uniform code of hand signals that folks should learn, at least the basics.

For trailing cars:

'Point past' - hand out the window, index finger pointing down and forward, let's the bikes know you are aware of them and they can pass safely.

'Do not pass!' - Hand extended out window, palm facing rearward, let drivers coming up on you there is a hazard.

'Oh shit!' - Arm extended straight up with a slight waving motion, usually reserved for when you've broken down or need some other assistance.

Woo Hoo!!!! - Both hands extended straight up as you crest a hill on a beautiful sunny day, this signal is reserved for those of us in Roadsters!

Oncoming traffic:

'Watch out for cops ahead' - Is either a hand patting the top of your helmet or a hand out the window, palm down in a patting sort of motion.

'Accident ahead' is the same motion as cops but with much bigger eyes usually.

You can pass hand signals down the line pretty quickly since your job as a driver is to pay attention to the car in front and watch the car behind you and if it isn't there to let the guys in front of you know.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshadow View Post
Was wondering where you went when you disappeared from my rearview in the beginning. Glad to hear it worked itself out!

Overall, awesome cruise - no u-turns this time!
Oh in the beginning I was filming. I pulled over to film people driving by and to get as many cars as I could. I go some good footage of the champagne colored Z28, the Maroon SS Cobalt and the Blue Z06, then the Z3 and a few miatas in front of him before my battery died
I had a great run with the other RX7, Grey MX-5, and the Black A4. I think we had about 5 good minutes of no obstructions up in that snow area. I wish my camera had caught it!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #107
I, Vettezuki

Speaking of video, in case ya'lls missed it in the pics and vids thread, here ya go for the MG footage.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisa View Post
Oh in the beginning I was filming. I pulled over to film people driving by and to get as many cars as I could. I go some good footage of the champagne colored Z28, the Maroon SS Cobalt and the Blue Z06, then the Z3 and a few miatas in front of him before my battery died
I had a great run with the other RX7, Grey MX-5, and the Black A4. I think we had about 5 good minutes of no obstructions up in that snow area. I wish my camera had caught it!
Hey! I'm the black A4 guy just registered to get access to all videos & pics...thought I'd drop in a hello as well! I turned off once I saw the 138 sign, hope he/you both reached safely down to Fudds...
Old 06-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #109

Where we going on the 10th? haha
Old 06-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #110

My first drive/meetup and it was great! especially, the first part of the climb with the fog & stuff, epic! Looking forward to doing this next time too...I also have a few pics & videos taken on my phone that I'll upload later today...