Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #1891
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Now bar study, THAT is full fucking time. 12-14 hours a day studying. No sick days, no weekends, no holidays, no date nights with the gf, not even 2 hours to watch the new Batman movie or even a movie at home. For 3-4 months, following 6 months of studying for the bar part-time in school, and then 4-5 months waiting for your results.

Also, probably a whole hell of a lot less fun than training to shoot, drive fast, and kick ass. With no guaranteed job on the other end, a competitive market in a shitty economy, and a fuck load of law school debt. What was I thinking again?
Job guaranteed in cali? Not likely. Have you seen what the CHP academy is like? Sorry but no part of that looks enjoyable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette
I hate to stroke your already huge ego Guy, but I think youll kick ass at the academy. You can already fight and drive well, thatll be a huge advantage. Ill bet a lot of people wont like you, ha.
lol Sensei made a comment "Can you try not to fuck anyone up the first day of the academy?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Fixed.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #1892
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Job guaranteed in cali? Not likely. Have you seen what the CHP academy is like? Sorry but no part of that looks enjoyable.

lol Sensei made a comment "Can you try not to fuck anyone up the first day of the academy?"

Oh Im sure it wont be easy, Im not trying to downplay it or even compare it. Cop training in Sac is no joke. I just got hung up on talking about bar study as a full time commitment, and that it had NO redeeming factors.

Cuz while your 'boot camp' will suck, and getting sprayed in the face with mace is no picnic, at least some of it will make you smile
Old 07-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #1893
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Oh Im sure it wont be easy, Im not trying to downplay it or even compare it. Cop training in Sac is no joke. I just got hung up on talking about bar study as a full time commitment, and that it had NO redeeming factors.

Cuz while your 'boot camp' will suck, and getting sprayed in the face with mace is no picnic, at least some of it will make you smile
Mace isn't too bad actually, getting stabbed in the face was no picnic
I'll admit I wanted to smile when some of the officers were screaming in my face "oh, do I intimidate you boy?!"
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #1894
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Nah, you'll have weekends off. My Dad used to come home on the weekends... although, I dont know how frequently youll want to make that 8 hour drive... especially if your car isnt running. Haha
Phil used to come down one weekend a month but he just studied. Guy will do great if he get's there. I think the part Guy will have the hardest time with just like my brother did is all the written stuff which is why Phil was always studying. Granted, Phil was 10 years older when he went in than Guy will be.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #1895
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . I just got hung up on talking about bar study as a full time commitment, and that it had NO redeeming factors.
The higher end of the pay scale and potential challenges are pretty intense. But it might take you another 10 years of breaking your balls before you really start to move up, another 10 years with good fortune, but by mid late 40s, you could be hauling in very serious scratch.

The thing that is crazy hard, but has excellent opportunities, massive portability, and will be demanded almost no matter what the economy does is becoming an MD. That's the track my sister is on and it's pretty much continuous hard study and work for about 10 years including residency and you can easily have significant six figure debt. But "even" nursing pays well and is highly demanded and will be for the foreseeable future. Get your NP/PA level and you can make six figures full time, or into the 90s just part time.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #1896
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The higher end of the pay scale and potential challenges are pretty intense. But it might take you another 10 years of breaking your balls before you really start to move up, another 10 years with good fortune, but by mid late 40s, you could be hauling in very serious scratch.

The thing that is crazy hard, but has excellent opportunities, massive portability, and will be demanded almost no matter what the economy does is becoming an MD. That's the track my sister is on and it's pretty much continuous hard study and work for about 10 years including residency and you can easily have significant six figure debt. But "even" nursing pays well and is highly demanded and will be for the foreseeable future. Get your NP/PA level and you can make six figures full time, or into the 90s just part time.
Thanks Ben

I have more respect for doctors and nurses than anyone. Very noble profession. I doubt anything is more intense or competitive than medical school.

I could never do something in the medical field. Guts and poop and smells gross me out too much. If someone even coughs walking past me Ill breathe through my shirt.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #1897
Super Moderator

Ron, is your brother RidesMotoX?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #1898
Fast & Filthy

No, Throttle Crazy on here.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #1899
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Phil used to come down one weekend a month but he just studied. Guy will do great if he get's there. I think the part Guy will have the hardest time with just like my brother did is all the written stuff which is why Phil was always studying. Granted, Phil was 10 years older when he went in than Guy will be.
Yeah, not so hot with the written stuff, hand me a baton and tell me to subdue a man in a red man suit and I'll do some amazing things.

Stopping the world!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #1900
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Thanks Ben

I have more respect for doctors and nurses than anyone. Very noble profession. I doubt anything is more intense or competitive than medical school.

I could never do something in the medical field. Guts and poop and smells gross me out too much. If someone even coughs walking past me Ill breathe through my shirt.
I'm cool with blood and gorry things, but if another kid pukes on me I might lose it.

Stopping the world!