Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
pain's fun, hit me again

I wasnt talking about explorers i was talking about trucks. Thats alittle more compatible being its no distributorless and is almost identical to the obd1 system except for the computer obviously. Spend your money once and build a nice motor. Even if you did a very minor 351 you'll get more torque and mileage then the 302. I went down the road of "i'll just use this running engine i already have" when it cam time to install it, while it ran perfectly before hand, the bearings were worn out, the cylinder walls looked like mirrors etc. I could have just buttoned it back up but that entails spending money on something old when the same money would need to be spent on the new one as well.

Start out with a 351, do a rebuild and if you want to do it mild or new stock, then go for it. its still going to cost the same for parts from a 302 to a 351 but in the end you'll have a better platform for later. And WHEN you build it, not if, you'll be glad you did.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #22

Yea makes perfect sense. I just kinda thought a 351w is out of my price range. But seeing as the only stuff hp tuner supports is the modular engines... that 351w is looking good.

As for trans what do you think about a c6? If im gonna built the truck, might as well do an auto. Even though i will miss the 3rd pedal.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #23
pain's fun, hit me again

C6 is perfect
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
C6 is perfect
Sweet. Now I have to convince the old lady to let me purchase some stuff. The truck still runs like a top with the old straight 6 in it. I almost feel bad for wanting to yank it out but having like 400hp will make me forget about that.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

You'll probably be able to get a pretty good price from selling that straight 6. The old school truck guys are nuts about them.

Stopping the world!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:43 AM   #26

Yea thats what I'm hoping for. I'm gonna toss it up on ebay in a few weeks... see what interest there is. I'm not even sure what to ask for it... maybe $1500 for the motor and trans? Its a 4speed.