Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #61
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
That suspension actually does look really sweet. What you're saying seems to be just a justification of what you wish to be true without evidence to point to.

The fact remains, the article said a Raptor with a spring and damper kit and a roll cage. Obviously a roll cage is not standard, so it's an appropriate inference that the purpose of that sentence was to list things not standard on the truck.

If you disagree, quote something to counter it like I did.
The truck didnt fall into the factory stock class, because well, it wasnt a factory truck, yet. So they were moved into the next class up, one that requires windows nets, a roll cage, lights, fixed back seats and a full sized spare.

Additional changes to the truck like horsepower, suspension, rims, transmission, rear end etc were not "touched" per say, but since the truck wasnt in production yet i guess it could be argued that the whole truck was aftermarket, or custom. However they used the race as a benchmark for flaws and the areas of concern were addressed and improved, then released. It wasnt anything stock then, but it is now.

Its not uncommon for different terrains to changed out springs/dampeners, just like I will make some spring changes depending on the course conditions, the baja 1000 may have been something they didnt plan the run the projected springs rates in so they were changed, but do you think anyone will buy the truck to try and compete in the baja 1000, I dont.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #62
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Nice conclusion Ben. You forgot to add how... you suck! :P
That goes without saying. Duh.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #63
Super Moderator

Why did they specifically mention that they added suspension and a rollcage if everything else was also to be used in production? Why did they single out the suspension? I'll tell you... they upgraded it.

For different terrain? Ok fine, but then it's still not a stock Raptor is it? You can't drive off any Ford lot with the truck they put in that race can you?

You haven't quoted anything to discredit what I found about them upgrading the suspension. And claiming that it was a prototype is even worse. In that case it is even further from being a stock Raptor.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #64
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Why did they specifically mention that they added suspension and a rollcage if everything else was also to be used in production? Why did they single out the suspension? I'll tell you... they upgraded it.

For different terrain? Ok fine, but then it's still not a stock Raptor is it? You can't drive off any Ford lot with the truck they put in that race can you?

You haven't quoted anything to discredit what I found about them upgrading the suspension. And claiming that it was a prototype is even worse. In that case it is even further from being a stock Raptor.
Not upgraded at all, just another version of a stock raptor, a raptor R, then still a test vehicle, and something you can still order "stock"
http://www.prerunnermaniac.com/Preru...-Baja-1000.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford
Here is what Ford Reports:

“Prepared for racing in long-distance off-road endurance events, the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor R uses stock components of the F-150 SVT Raptor, including the transmission, brakes and axles. The frame – the part of the truck that will take the most stress – is the same proven fully boxed frame that delivers class-leading towing and hauling in the base F-150. The race truck is powered by a specially calibrated 500 horsepower, 6.2-liter V8 engine. Placing the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor R in the Baja 1000 also serves as a test bed for development of the production F-150 SVT Raptor.

Ford is bringing some of the best stock class off-road truck drivers together to drive the F-150 SVT Raptor R in the Baja 1000. The team includes driver of record Steve Oligos and co-drivers Randy Merritt, Greg Foutz and Bud Brutsman who will compete in class eight for moderately modified full-size pickup trucks.”
Happy?
So the raptor is king in two categories, just have to specify what you want.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #65
Fast & Filthy

They are also testing the new Ecoboost V6 in the Baja 1000 in what looks like a Raptor. It's in the February 2011 issue of 4Wheel & Off-Road. The engine was selected randomly off the Cleveland Engine Plant line.

Ford is putting their products to the test and it shows.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #66
Super Moderator

Yes, still happy. First of all, the Raptor R is not actually in production is it? There are rumors of a C7 Corvette, you don't see me bragging about how it kills all other street cars.

Secondly, whether it was a Raptor R or a Raptor, the original article still states that they added a spring and damper kit, and a rollcage! So whatever they started with... they upgraded it! If those upgrades led to a prototype which may eventually become a vehicle you find on a dealership lot, then we can post about how great that truck is when that happens.

Finally, to recap. It's still 4wd. It still has heavy axles, a transfer case, and a front diff that a trophy truck should not. You can jump that thing if you want, but I'd rather not endo a brand new truck.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #67
Super Moderator

Netted windows and a rollcage holding fog lights sticking out where the front windshield should be. Ya, I see that going into production. That is quite a badass vehicle in the picture there, too bad you can't buy one like that!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #68
Super Moderator

PS, everything I read about the Raptor R says it "features modified components." You're really not helping the cause Shaolin.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #69
pain's fun, hit me again

You keep ignoring the points I have already made.
Quote:
Secondly, whether it was a Raptor R or a Raptor, the original article still states that they added a spring and damper kit, and a rollcage! So whatever they started with... they upgraded it! If those upgrades led to a prototype which may eventually become a vehicle you find on a dealership lot, then we can post about how great that truck is when that happens.
You're missing the part where they did lead to the production part, hence the suspension I showed you. That spring and dampener kit that was added was pre-production, that is now on production trucks, so minus the roll cage I'm not seeing your point.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #70
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Its a raptor.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.