Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #91
Fast & Filthy

$1000 cash back would be awesome on $1.29 dowels! Are you and Adam at the same Thanks Giving party?
Old 11-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #92
pain's fun, hit me again

I think Leedom meant that Ford starts their $1000 Cash back promo for a new car.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #93
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
$1000 cash back would be awesome on $1.29 dowels! Are you and Adam at the same Thanks Giving party?
Mr. Funny guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I think Leedom meant that Ford starts their $1000 Cash back promo for a new car.
Correct sir.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 11-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #94
Fast & Filthy

Went this morning and picked up the dowels at Fairview Ford in San Bernardino and then got the clutch and pressure plate installed. Then I dropped the engine in. It took a little while to get it all lined up by myself. Normally my wife would come out and help but she has been in Spain for the past week to watch her cousin play in a professional waterpolo tournament. Her cousin plays for France. Anyways I was able to get it installed. Below are a couple pictures I took right after I got it in. I don't have all that much left to do. I need to finish bolting up the exhaust, upper intake, TB, supercharger inlet and outlet tubing, radiator hoses, starter, distributor, etc. I should be able to finish it up in 3 hours or so. So it should be running tomorrow.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #95
pain's fun, hit me again

Man I still can't believe how much shit is in the engine bay of an SN
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #96
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkLookingCar View Post
Little late replying but I might be a bit hesitant reusing the pistons with nicks in them. Worst case scenario, if they are made of a high silicon alloy like hypereutetic castings or a 4032 forging, then they are brittle and you probably already have cracks in the pistons which will propagate over time. Best case scenario would be if they are a 2618 forging; it is a much tougher material and the nicks would only act as a stress riser. Blending out the damage would help but now you don't have a compressive layer from the shot peening process. It is tough throwing out parts that are 99% perfect but it is really just a coin toss without doing some sort of non destructive testing like sonic and penetrant inspection. By the time you get that done, you are probably better off dollar wise getting new slugs. My 2 cents.
This was what my post was in response to, dick, guess I pulled up the first page and not the last page.

Last edited by enkeivette : 11-28-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #97
Fast & Filthy

I haven't been on because the car wasn't running on all cylinders and I was frustrated. I finished installing everything on Saturday which had it's own issues. When I went to bolt the upper intake to the lower two studs pulled out. So I had to take it back apart and drill, tap and install helicoils. It was dark by the time I finally fired the engine and after setting the timing it seemed to be idling fine.

On Sunday I took it for a drive and knew right away that something wasn't right. So I pulled all the new plugs and they looked okay and I ran out of time to do anything else to it that day.

This morning I pulled all the plugs again and did a compression test which came out fine. I also tested each plug by hooking it up to the Explorer to make sure it was sparking. They were all good too. Then I installed new plug wires. I had used the old ones because the new ones I ordered from Summit Racing hadn't arrived yet. The issue turned out to be the wires and it is running great. It has way more torque than it did with the 302. I've only given it half throttle but even with that it breaks the tires loose in second gear. I've also not taken it above 4500 rpms yet until I get it tuned. I'll drive it around easy until then. With Christmas coming up I may have to wait until after New Years.

I'll have to get some video up of it running. The new cam doesn't sound all that much different than the old one. It has less lope but it also pulls 6 inches more vacuum at idle.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #98
pain's fun, hit me again

Nice. I like the cam as well. If you want we can hit up Steve to go down together, see if he wont be able to hook us up. Since the cobra has a day left on ebay I need to finish the blue car. I'll be assembling the body pieces today and then depending on how things go with Vanessa this week i'll be finishing most of the interior.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #99
Fast & Filthy

Well hopefully things go well with Vanessa and you don't have time to finish the blue car until later.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #100
pain's fun, hit me again

I agree, should they not however. Then i'll be finishing the blue car. If I can get her to talk to me then I'll be spending the weekend at least repairing bridges.

Cobra is being sold regardless so I don't have a whole lot of time to fart around.

Stopping the world!