Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #1

Default selling my 2010 Cobalt SS Turbo

Well the time has come for me to grow up a bit and get a car that is a better commuter for my 45 mile commute. I am selling my 2010 Chevy Cobalt SS. It is a stock Turbo car that I was going to Turbo swap but I lost interest in racing it when I picked u a 59 Ford f100. Its only been to a 1/4 strip once. It has about 25k miles on it. I owe about $20k on it now, the loan is through chase bank. The mods are as follows:

Treadstone cold air intake
Treadstone hot and cold side charge pipes
Treadstone bypass valve block off plate
52mm turbosmart BOV
MAF is relocated to the cold side charge pipe
Treadstone tr8 intercooler
3 inch catless downpipe (I still have the stock downpipe for smog)
3 inch borla xr1 muffler... no resonator or cats
HP tuned for 91 octane or e85/91blend tune. I will include the cable and tunes as well.
exedy hyersingle race clutch
twm short throw shifter with base bushings and billet cable clamp kit
Ace: concept 5 18x8 wheels
245/45r18 hankook rs3 tires about 70% tread life left.
5% tint on all windows except the windshield... lifetime warranty on the tint from fading peeling etc..

The car is silver with the low rise trunk spoiler, sunroof, RPD (boost, timing, came angle, afr, and lateral g gauge that switches between all of them), limited slip differential, stock brembo calipers in the front.

The clutch was done to withstand the torque that the engine throws down. I have admittedly had some fun with it,she will break the tires loose on a 60mph roll in 3rd on the ethanol tune very easily. But that said, rs3 hankooks are not cheap so I don't do that much. The clutch was installed around 12k miles. At the same time the trans fluid was changed as well. The work was done at GM exclusive in vista, CA. Regular oil changers with mobil1 synthetic done there as well.

Pictures can be found here---> http://www.cobaltss.net/gallery/brow...mageuser=55960

760-822-7030 call or text ask for Ryan. Price is $20,000.

Other cobalt ss Turbo cars are going for 15-19 depending on mileage and year. Most of them are bone stock. I don't do the whole "well I put x-dollars into it I want that much more out if it" bullshit... but i feel that with everything that has been done it is worth 20k total. Parts alone is 8 grand or so. I commute from Carlsbad to temecula everyday so I am going to be getting something more economical. I'm not in a "need to sell"situation, I'm just tired of the oil companies having me by the pubes, if you know what I mean.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Fox time?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Fox time?
I wish. I would except for the fact that, the way I would build a fox, it would not be very fuel economical. I am going to be getting a VW Golf diesel. They get phenomenal fuel economy, easily 15 more than the cobalt. It is going to leave me money for the 59 Ford f100. I want to do some magic to that truck...

crate engine http://www.coasthigh.com/product-p/p3471f-gt-f347-v.htm
attached to a 5 speed from a newer f150, with a new rearend, disk brakes all around, and new paint should do the trick.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Holy shit that engine is way overpriced. My engine is far more potent and i have around 4k into mine even with the port work and custom grind cam. Sure it would be difficult to do again but it would only be around 5500 using new parts and a competent builder. See my sig for a great engine shop with even better prices.
$819 for a 347 kit
$100 for a bare block
$1700 for TFS cnc heads
$600 valve train and cam
Those are your main parts, obviously alot of stuff missing but that would all depend on the aggression of the build.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Besides, for the price you listed you could easily get an FI version of a much larger engine with the same size package
http://www.coasthigh.com/product-p/p...t-f408-tbv.htm
Should easily make 500/500 naturally aspirated
Now i wouldnt buy it from them, i'd build it but you get the idea.

Stopping the world!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #6

Yea it is more of an example really. I'm still toying with doing a 460 from a junkyard with some cobra jet heads and a nice stockish rebuild on the lower end just so I know everything is nice and new. But I'm still looking around. I haven't even for sure decided if I want a c6 or 5 speed trans (5speed only for the extra legs on the highway)

Old 10-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

460 is a slug, a 408 will make the same power with better mileage and alot less weight

Stopping the world!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #8

Quote:
460 is a slug, a 408 will make the same power with better mileage and alot less weight
Are you talking about a punched up small black 408 Windsor base? I was looking at some. I have been rolling all sorts of ideas around in my head. Everything from an old 5.0, to the new coyote, maybe a bored/stroked 302 or a 351w bored/stroked. When I get enough money, budgeting between 5-6k for the engine&trans, I'LLC have to make a decision... oh another option is the 5.4 SC out of a lightning or svt. I want to go carburetor though... I have had enough if computers in cars and sensors throwing codes, and tire pressure monitors blinking shit at me. I just want a low, probably slow, sexy truck again. That can withstand an emp blast when the government finally jumps off the deep end or the Chinese invade. Lol.

I'm liking the idea of a stout little 302 bored out with a blower mounted up top with 2 Holley 450s though... I bet that would sound like Satan fucking Rosie O'Donnell in the ass.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Running FI from a fox wont give you any problems, you wont even have a check engine light it being obd1, only a handful of sensors to go bad and they rarely do, get a complete harness and computer at the yard for less then $100 and you're set to go.

Stopping the world!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Running FI from a fox wont give you any problems, you wont even have a check engine light it being obd1, only a handful of sensors to go bad and they rarely do, get a complete harness and computer at the yard for less then $100 and you're set to go.
Yea... plus it will give me practice for my next purchase... a FOX body lol