Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
When I had the Camaro for sale, 15k invested, my add was for $8500 , obo. I listed every detail and retail prices of all parts. The parts, at my wholesale cost, where over $8K . I would have taken $6500, but never even got offered that much.
Wow. Highly modified cars (unless done by a name) always take it in the pants. Sean did reasonably well with his Termi recently.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
Graphics B*tch

Sean's Cobra was relatively stock and those things are holding their value well. He has VERY low miles which helps. He also had a motivated buyer.

I could probably get about what I paid for the Mach still and I really do not have that much invested into it.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 09-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #13

I've found that some buyers stray away from cars that have any modifications. That makes it difficult to sell because it appeals to a very small percentage of the market. You really need to find someone that knows what they are looking at and is comfortable that the work isn't half assed. I'd say keep it. That's what I'm doing with mine. I've dumped more into modifications than I bought the car for. Although it is a C4 Corvette so that doesn't really say much.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #14
Super Moderator

These threads are always dangerous. Considering your car is perfectly smog legal, driver friendly, 91 friendly and the AC works. I think it would fetch a lot from the right person who has always wanted a C3. I'd say, 25K?

Corvette forum seems to think mine is worth around 18K.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
i looked, similar condition 82's were about 8-9k, so figure 14k-16k would be about right, and for that kind of money i'd keep it
You can't touch an LS C3 with AC and a T56 for 16K. It's not just a hopped up SBC, its an LS.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
These threads are always dangerous. Considering your car is perfectly smog legal, driver friendly, 91 friendly and the AC works. I think it would fetch a lot from the right person who has always wanted a C3. I'd say, 25K?

Corvette forum seems to think mine is worth around 18K.
Mmm, I'd take $25k. Maybe I'll clean it up and get it running extra gud (gonna do it regardless) and float it over at CF to see if there are any takers. I'm just on a jihadi mission to strengthen personal finances, I could also peel off a few thousand and finish the snake have fun with that for a while. I'm increasingly interested in something else. The P818 from FF has peeked my interest. I dunno, we'll see. I have some attachment to the old girl too. Fortunately, I'm not in any kind of a desperate situation, so it's just a matter of choice on my terms.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

Never say never but you're not gonna get 25k for it. My pricing is realistic, average return on modified parts is about 30-35%, more if you were to part out the car and return it to stock.

Its a special car no doubt, but for 25k you're in the c5z/c6 range and i just dont see it selling over one of those.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:58 AM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Never say never but you're not gonna get 25k for it. My pricing is realistic, average return on modified parts is about 30-35%, more if you were to part out the car and return it to stock.

Its a special car no doubt, but for 25k you're in the c5z/c6 range and i just dont see it selling over one of those.
Basically I agree on average with the caveat of enkei's point, the right guy who wants a C3, CA Swap passed, with an LS (and a bunch of other goodies), just might pay that price. Plus I'm at least as fast as a stock C6 in a straight line . . and nobody expects it. I've often said I have the strangest sleeper car ever. It's a car with a reputation for being fast, but known to be very slow (at that time) . . but is actually fast. It's kind of a mind fuck.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #19
pain's fun, hit me again

Sure, to the person who is buying EXACTLY what they want from you might pay top dollar, but i still see it being less than 20k. Full complete restoration C3's and extremely low mileage ones are going for 14-16K. I dont see your car fetching more than a extremely clean one. Just not gonna happen in this market.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #20
pain's fun, hit me again

Now i rest my case
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3s-...vette-ls1.html

Stopping the world!