Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #31

Cool haddadd tune results, ~350 whp/340 wtq, dynapack dyno

I like bullet lists.

-Went to Haddad Motorsports for dyno time/tuning
-Made about 350 whp/340 wtq (I was expecting anywhere from 350-400 whp, true test will be on the drag strip/track)
-I let their pro work the tune with a Dynapack chassis dyno (you have to remove the wheels to bolt up the hubs)
-When I rolled in, WOT runs were not sorted out
-He reworked the open loop speed density & MAF tunes over pretty much the entire fuel/timing/etc. maps
-They can program the dynapack with varying loads, it's pretty sweet
-I had a strange whistle/supercharger sound coming from the engine/ehxuast and wanted to get them to help me figure out what the hell it was before really beating on it
-First couple of pulls, they noticed the sound, the shop owner Mike Haddad thought it may be an exhaust restriction/backpressure problem (read: stock cats & fbody manifolds & too thin piping & bad bends, etc.)
-They plugged in a pressure sensor before the cats
-Made some 4th gear pulls, measured backpressure vs. rpm
-See plots in pics. The tuner said an old rule of thumb is that more than 1-2 psi of backpressure on a car that is going to be beaten on is generally not good for performance (and it keeps more heat in the exhaust track... that's bad for exhaust valves and pistons, etc.)
-They said my exhaust sucks Yeah I already know that :P I want to keep stock manis/cats for emissions
-At the end of the day, the car feels great. Having 300+ ft-lb torque to use for most of the rpm range makes me smile :gruffy:
-They think I could make another 30-50 hp if I redid the exhaust (long tubes, bigger piping, high flow cats, 4" rear muffler)
-I'm broke so that's not going to happen soon :wave:
-The tuner, shop owner, and techs were super cool. Great guys to deal with.

Anyway, car runs great, it really feels good. I ripped on it the whole way home. I love torque. This car weighs 2900 lbs+passengers, and has 4:10 rear gears :chug:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Palmer_mike_RWHP_RWTQ.jpg (97.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Palmer_mike_RWTQ_vs_AFR.jpg (108.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Palmer_mike_RWHP_vs_backpressure.jpg (118.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Palmer_mike_backpressure.jpg (121.7 KB, 20 views)

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #32

wow, great numbers. you have to give me a ride in that thing!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #33

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoushNitemare View Post
wow, great numbers. you have to give me a ride in that thing!
lol my exhaust setup really is a POS, and you can even hear the whistle noise with high RPM. The tuner was like, "what the hell is this crap, your motor is breathing thru a straw!" maybe I'll re-do it next year, but for now the car gets me around just fine I'd love to give you a ride, you have to give me one too! I'm actually a huge fan of the new mustangs. when I was autocrossing last weekend there were a few of them that were seriously nasty. Not to mention your buddy I saw that same morning when I went to get some supplies!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4386.JPG (420.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4387.JPG (471.7 KB, 6 views)

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #34

ya his is pretty nice, and idk if its that loud anymore. guess Torrance PD got him for the exhuast
Old 10-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #35

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverscmustang View Post
you have to give me a ride in that thing!
^^ i was just thinking, we should just go grab some food sometime or something. maybe next weekend we ought to get some breakfast (get out early before there is too much traffic?) and we can cruise around and beat on it. lmk, i'm gonna be around next weekend for sure. i just hate driving in traffic around here, it's hard to get on it w/o being a menace to society lol. you owe me a ride in your car too... i love the new mustangs. if had the $$$ i would have a boss 302 in my driveway right now!

in other news, i just snapped a couple of pics from outside a few minutes ago, my gf is using the garage today to detail her shitbox mazda 3 (j/k it's a great car), so the rx7s parked in the street. lots of traffic on this street, so it was funny to watch people looking at the cars as they drove by. fisa's car is so yellow, how can you not look at it lol! she actually detailed her fd yesterday, had to remove some cone marks from the last auto-x... it turned out amazing, pics don't do it justice.

I really need to wash my car... you guys have no idea how dirty it is and how much brake dust is on the wheels (Hawk HP+ pads... they work sooo awesome but dust like hell). Haven't touched it since autocross last month and I've been driving it a lot. Kinda funny cuz you can't really tell in the pic. Silver car + grey wheels = low appearance maintenance.

Anyway, I plan on going to street legal drags this late fall/winter time, hope to see some of you guys (daniel!) out there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4567.JPG (794.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4568.JPG (789.8 KB, 5 views)

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 10-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #36

I love your guys cars, they make such an awesome pair. and Im definitely down for next weekend. just gotta decide where to go
Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #37

Default food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverscmustang View Post
I love your guys cars, they make such an awesome pair. and Im definitely down for next weekend. just gotta decide where to go
^^ perfect, let's hit up rubys diner in redondo.. my other buddy swears their huevos rancheros (sp?) and cinnamon french toast is the bomb, i trust this guy so it's gotta be good or we can go anywhere else, i'll eat anything i just try not to beat on the car until water and oil temp are about 180 ish *F. it takes a lot longer to warm up the oil on the LS than it did with the rotary. i'll give you a call on friday to see what you're up to.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 10-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #38

sounds good to me
Old 10-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #39

Default 09/11/11 PCA OCR autocross out of car vids (split up /w captions)

I posted this in the events forum the thread I made on the autocross event last 09/11, but had one long ass vid of the out of car runs. I broke it up and added some captions with the times at the end. Figured I'd cross post this in case anyone wonders what the car is like in an autocross. With a crappy driver

Summary:
~350 whp
~3050 lbs with me in it (2900 w/o my fat azz)
-street tires
-go pro hero hd camera
-el toro airfield in Irvine, CA
-event was put on by PCA (porsche club of america) OCR (orange coast region)
-8 practice runs, w/ an instructor for newbs (like me even though I've been doing this for a while lol)
-4 timed runs @ the end of the day w/o instructor
-like $70 for the whole day, but you have to "work the course" (pick up cones for a few sessions, yes it sucks, but it's worth it)
-had a great time, can't wait to go back. check out their website for details, they will be putting stuff on next year and no matter what kind of car you have, it's a blast.

http://www.pcaocr.com/?page=1&cats=1

Out of car vids
run1

run2

run3

run4

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 10-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #40

Cant wait to go next time