Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
Super Moderator

Holy Crap Shaolin, I want to see a video of that beast in action.

Plunker, I'm getting it shipped. I was going to fly out there and bring it back originally, figured it would cost $350 to do it that way, and it would cost about $750 to ship it. But when I made the guy an offer, he came back with a counter offer at $500 higher, and I told him I could only afford that if he paid to ship it here (which is true) and he agreed. He probably gets a sweet deal on shipping.

How long did it take to ship your black Cobra out here?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #22
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yes, but you can make your own diesel (if you're mental). I looked into it once, it works out to well under a dollar per galloon. Down to like $0.30/gal if you can get free greese from loca restaraunts, etc.

You can make your station on the relatively cheap.

Or go gucci.

Or you can do a vegistroke kit, which contains itself in the bed of the truck. My buddy has it and has filled up his truck with diesel once this year.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #23
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

Plunker, I'm getting it shipped. I was going to fly out there and bring it back originally, figured it would cost $350 to do it that way, and it would cost about $750 to ship it. But when I made the guy an offer, he came back with a counter offer at $500 higher, and I told him I could only afford that if he paid to ship it here (which is true) and he agreed. He probably gets a sweet deal on shipping.

Me too, i went to the street legals in december, but the first pass i smoked my LSD. So i was losing traction all the way down, the cleanest pass(only spinning at the 60' and the 330') Yielded a 15.1 at 102mph with a 3.90 60'(crap i know)
I have trap speeds currently for 12's, and my calculator says in the ballpark of 700-750hp at the flywheel. When i get a detroit and slicks i assume i can even gain a few mph and get my et's into the mid 12's( i have friend with the same mods running 12.7-12.8's with 35" Tires and a leveling kit.)
Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #24
Super Moderator

I can't believe you're averaging higher than 20, do you switch to a tune that makes it more fuel efficient than stock?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
I can't believe you're averaging higher than 20, do you switch to a tune that makes it more fuel efficient than stock?
I *cough* removed the DPF *cough*
If i drive normal, mileage drops, but if i drive conservatively i get great mileage.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:

As I recall it took about a week. How much aftermarket support is out there for that diesel?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #27
Super Moderator

I dunno. Prob some for the ML crowd.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:27 AM   #28
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Sounds nice:

In Europe, South America, South Africa and Australia, a V6 CRD engine produced by Mercedes-Benz was available from introduction in 2005:

OM642 3.0 L CRD V6 Turbo Diesel with Variable geometry turbocharger (VGT). It produces 215 horsepower (160 kW; 218 PS) and 376 lb·ft (510 N·m) of torque at 1,600 to 2,800 rpm at a fuel consumption of 17 city and 22 highway.

In North America and elsewhere this 3.0 L V6 CRD was available for 2007-2008 model years. It includes a diesel particulate filter to reduce exhaust emissions. It was not however available for sale in California or certain Northeast states, due to new stricter emissions regulations for non-commercial vehicles. Vehicles could be bought used in California and Northeast states, as the regulations only applied to new vehicles.

This engine is also used in the Mercedes-Benz ML320.
I wonder what these run on the AM and how'd they'd package in a Wrangler.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #29
Super Moderator

Am?