Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: What do you consider to be fast?
13.00-13.99 seconds 4 36.36%
12.00-12.99 seconds 4 36.36%
11.00-11.99seconds 1 9.09%
10.00-10.99seconds 0 0%
10 seconds or less 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . . I don't care.
You spend a lot of effort explaining how you don't care. That's interesting. . .

Anyway, WE'RE curious about your car ya dope. It's not always about you. . . it's about your car.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Actually, I think SoCal Racer (Mike I believe) has the fastest car on Motorgen. His Vega runs 10.30's on the engine and if I remember correctly I think he said he ran 9.5 on the bottle but I could be wrong. . .
I think your right. Paul Ho's Civic runs mid 9s, that video was from when we was losing power and MPH. Same ET, much higher MPH. To be clear that car is out of control. 50 lbs of boost, 900hp on 1.8L. Paul was talking about going into the world of V6s and V8s. I wonder if he did. With is knowledge of making turbo systems work, he could build some multi-thousand HP beasts.

Mike is the most ridiculously consistent racer I've personally seen. It's 10.30 - 10.40 practically every run.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You spend a lot of effort explaining how you don't care. That's interesting. . .

Anyway, WE'RE curious about your car ya dope. It's not always about you. . . it's about your car.
I spent a lot of effort explaining because I don't seem to be getting through to anyone. And I'm getting sick of the comments.

Changing my sig wasn't enough apparently.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #34

Nobody kicks the pig that doesn't squeal.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Nobody kicks the pig that doesn't squeal.
I bench 275 for rep currently, and although I don't have any real fighting training... the extra muscle would and has helped me in a fight. So I don't get your sig.

And Sly Stallone is just a fake movie fighter who may never have been in a real fight his whole life... but he's still not the kind of guy I'd stand up to in a bar.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:50 PM   #36

Quote:
I bench 275 for rep currently, and although I don't have any real fighting training... the extra muscle would and has helped me in a fight. So I don't get your sig.

And Sly Stallone is just a fake movie fighter who may never have been in a real fight his whole life... but he's still not the kind of guy I'd stand up to in a bar.
Huh??? How did my saying no one kicks the pig that doesn't squeal turn into a conversation about my sig?

And to answer your question, your strength wouldn't mean much against a fighter. I don't fight anymore, but I used to. Alot. And I won many fights against much bigger and stronger opponents.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:55 PM   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Huh??? How did my saying no one kicks the pig that doesn't squeal turn into a conversation about my sig?

And to answer your question, your strength wouldn't mean much against a fighter. I don't fight anymore, but I used to. Alot. And I won many fights against much bigger and stronger opponents.
It just bothers me because it doesn't make any sense. Your comment made sense, I get it. If I didn't argue so much I wouldn't get hassled as much.

But muscle, like hp, isn't enough on its own, but it does make a difference.

Though my car won't run as fast as Ron's with similar hp, it doesn't mean that my car is now slow. Having a lot of hp will still put me ahead of a lot of other fast cars.

And having a lot of muscle isn't enough to kick Bruce Lee's ass, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have in a fight against Joe Blow.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #38

Quote:
It just bothers me because it doesn't make any sense. Your comment made sense, I get it. If I didn't argue so much I wouldn't get hassled as much.

But muscle, like hp, isn't enough on its own, but it does make a difference.

Though my car won't run as fast as Ron's with similar hp, it doesn't mean that my car is now slow. Having a lot of hp will still put me ahead of a lot of other fast cars.

And having a lot of muscle isn't enough to kick Bruce Lee's ass, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have in a fight against Joe Blow.
My sig doesn't claim that your strength or your HP hurts. It just points out the fact that strength alone doesn't win fights and HP alone doesn't win races. To me, it makes perfect sense. The racing became very clear to me when I was making ~420 RWHP and couldn't get into the 12s. I figured out what it would take for me to do that. The same way I figured out how to beat the shit out of bigger, stronger bullies when I was a kid. But it didn't happen until I had my ass handed to me a few times.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #39
Internet Tough Guy

It would suck if the light hearted banter that we exchange was taken too seriously.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
My sig doesn't claim that your strength or your HP hurts. It just points out the fact that strength alone doesn't win fights and HP alone doesn't win races. To me, it makes perfect sense. The racing became very clear to me when I was making ~420 RWHP and couldn't get into the 12s. I figured out what it would take for me to do that. The same way I figured out how to beat the shit out of bigger, stronger bullies when I was a kid. But it didn't happen until I had my ass handed to me a few times.

Ok, I get it.