Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
A Motorgen O.G.

Exclamation Help save Johnson Valley off-roading

Only 4 days left!

Johnson Valley is one of the premiere off-roading locations in Southern California. The Marines are planning to expanded into the territory which would effectively end off-roading in this area. I know there are a few members on this board that have been out there and that can attest to what a loss this would be to the community.

From JeepForum

Quote:
As fellow off-roaders who love our sport, I'm asking for each and every one of you to stand up and be heard regarding the Marines expansion at 29 palms, with intentions to move into what we know today as Johnson Valley-aka the Hammers. If this is the first you've heard of this, then yup, that's right-with the expansion of the Marines into JV, off-roading as we know it will be changed forever. This will have a greater impact on our sport than most realize. There is little time left to be heard. Doing so has never been easier. Please click on this link and send in a pre-generated letter.

http://dev.aldosgroup.com/LetterGenerator/

Simply fill out the pre-generated form then select one of 28 pre-generated opening notes, hit "preview" then hit submit. It's that simple. You can re-send each one of the 28 letters in just a few minutes tops, very simple, very fast, very effective. If you feel like writing your own well-thought out response, great. Just know that we need quantity here, not exactly quality.

It was said that 20,000 letters would be delivered to the Marines on the 23rd. Currently we are failing miserably with only 9387 officially sent. I am asking all of you to please take just a few minutes of your time and send in at least one note. With the current viewer base on JF, we could easily reach that 20,000 goal by tomorrow. Right now, if we're going to only give 50%-then lets at least make it a SOLID 50% and at least hit 10,000. It will take just 613 more votes to hit that half-way point. Yup, that means we still need 10,613 to reach our goal of 20,000 hand delivered notes in huge stacks that will be dropped off on the desks of the Marines at 29 palms. Each one to be read individually to determine whether or not they should expand and take over Johnson Valley, or leave it open to the public by moving East instead.

Folks, I have never been to JV though would surely LOVE to go one day. This is a much larger battle than you realize and it's impacts are FAR greater than we could ever imagine for our sport of wheeling and off-roading as we know it today. Please, I urge you to take just a few minutes of your time and send a note in. With the base here, 10,613 could be done in just minutes.
Any help would be appreciated!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:22 AM   #2

I did about 10 and the server crashed or something, I'll try again later starting with Fire Impact. Never been but I hope these people do the same when we have Glamis petitions.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #3

sent one of each, hope it helps
Old 05-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
A Motorgen O.G.

Thanks guys.

And for those that don't know, this is where the annual King of the Hammers race takes place.