Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #11
Fast & Filthy

I'm not that serious that I would spend the money to fill my tires with nitrogen. Hell, I'm still running too soft rear springs with shocks off of an Expedition from the wrecking yard. They were even coil overs that I pulled the coils off of.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:25 PM   #12
pain's fun, hit me again

I have a set of race craft springs here at the shop that would probably work pretty well with the torque arm.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-13-2016, 06:28 AM   #13
Fast & Filthy

Do you know what rate they are? The MM Road &Track rears I have now are 280.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #14
Fast & Filthy

So to stay with my I'm cheap theme I bought a pair of front springs off a Ford Ranger for $35 at Pick-a-Part and modified them to work on the rear of the Cobra. They seem to work fairly well.

Sorry we I don't have any video from today's fun well Guy actually has one lap that he took with his phone and got us black flagged but I did beat my previous best. In fact I went faster each time out. My fastest in the first session was a 1:59.750 which was the third fastest for the group. We ended up not running in the second session because my oil dip stick blew out. In the third session I ran 1:57.9?? which was the fastest for the session so I got to start the fourth in the pole position. Guy didn't run with me in the fourth session so I was a couple hundred pounds lighter and ran my new best of 1:54.936 which again was the fastest for the group.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #15
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
So to stay with my I'm cheap theme I bought a pair of front springs off a Ford Ranger for $35 at Pick-a-Part and modified them to work on the rear of the Cobra. They seem to work fairly well.

Sorry we I don't have any video from today's fun well Guy actually has one lap that he took with his phone and got us black flagged but I did beat my previous best. In fact I went faster each time out. My fastest in the first session was a 1:59.750 which was the third fastest for the group. We ended up not running in the second session because my oil dip stick blew out. In the third session I ran 1:57.9?? which was the fastest for the session so I got to start the fourth in the pole position. Guy didn't run with me in the fourth session so I was a couple hundred pounds lighter and ran my new best of 1:54.936 which again was the fastest for the group.
Nice!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 01-17-2016, 11:27 PM   #16
pain's fun, hit me again

Yeah god forbid I hold up a phone.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:31 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post

Feel like you have any more time to shave with your current setup?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-18-2016, 09:35 PM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Feel like you have any more time to shave with your current setup?
I'd be willing to bet with brake tweaking, and some sway bar play he could cut up to 3 seconds off. The brake system is hardly ideal.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #19
Fast & Filthy

Yes, I can still improve. The car still pushes a little so I think it could use a little more camber. Plus there are a couple of sections I can still improve my line and my braking on. But even with that I don't think it has more than half a second. One second at the most. If I remember correctly Carlos was running around a 1:54 in his Vette when he was running his R888 tires which are equivalent to the NT01 I'm running.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:40 PM   #20
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I'd be willing to bet with brake tweaking, and some sway bar play he could cut up to 3 seconds off. The brake system is hardly ideal.
A brake change would be a big expense. I could try a bigger sway bar in the rear. I still have the factory Cobra sway bars front and rear and if I remember correctly the Cobra used a stiffer front bar and softer rear bar than the GT did but I could be wrong.